21. The Kiss

*LEAH'S POV*

I sighed. "Imani remember how you told me not to let something small ruin our night?" I asked as we walked back to my house. It was awkward after the kiss.

She glared at me then her face softened. "Leah, I know you don't care but this isn't no 'small shit' I told myself I was gonna treat my girlfriend better."

Her phone started to ring. She looked down at it and sighed.

"It's her isn't it."

Her phone dinged then continued to ring

"I gotta answer it" she mumbled walking a little bit ahead of me.

I could faintly hear Camille on the other end. I could tell she was yelling but I couldn't hear what she was saying.

"Yes I'm with her... bae, where else would I be? She's my bestfriend."

"Bae... bae, oh my god I- bae! That bitch don't know what she's talking about...."

She groaned. "Yes we went out to eat. It wasn't a date, we were just hungry."

"Aye! Whoa! Chill, you not about to talk about her that"

I furrowed my brows and walked faster to catch up.

"The fuck did she say about me?"

Mani waved me away.

"Nah, she doesn't get to talk about you either but that's besides the point. You need to chill. I don't know what the fuck that Maya bitch told you but she was just tryna start drama. It wasn't a damn date. You're my girl. I'm not on no dumb shit."

I stood in front of her and she finally stopped walking.

"For real. I'm serious. I promise. I already got my little fun sized Kit Kat. You all the chocolate I need Baby."

She chuckled a little looking down. "Yea, I miss you too. Oh really? Mmm" she bit her lip.

"I can't wait to see that."

"Alright, okay Baby.. yesss I promise, imma be good. Okay, bye"

I smirked "what? no 'I love you yet?'"

She blushed hard. "We not there yet chill."

"So what is it that you can't wait to see?"

She bit her lip. "She did some shopping, that's all."

I giggled "y'all nasty."

She chuckled. "Leah... I don't like this feeling. I just told her to trust me. I know she can't trust me. She knows it too. That's why she called."

"Mani it was just a kiss"

"You know there isn't a 'just a kiss' remember how she reacted when she thought we kissed on tiktok?"

"She won't find out it happened. What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Do you hear how that shit sounds? I'm not tryna act like no damn nigga, you was the main one saying that's unattractive"

"It was a one time thing, we had a moment of weakness and we kissed. But we got it out of the way now. It won't happen again."

She didn't say anything else. It was weird for Mani, she always has something to say.

When we got home we both got ready for bed.

She showered first. When I was getting my stuff together to shower she was on FaceTime with Camile. I wanted to take her phone and ask what slick shit she said earlier.