Chapter 14

Quiet. It was too quiet and all I could see was darkness. I tried moving my hands but I couldn't and my throat felt as if it were being scraped by sandpaper. I wanted to get out of this bed because everything felt depressing but I couldn't.

I couldn't even find the strength of telling myself that everything would be okay.

Everything that had just happened previously hit me like a ton of bricks. Alpha Gerald getting angry, him choking me and me passing out.

Why the fuck would he do that, I mean I didn't even do anything wrong. If this continues like this I may as well end up loosing my voice because of him breaking or crushing my vocal cords or even end up dead before the year end

I knew that once I got up I was going to stay away from him. If I saw him coming from east I would definitely go to wards west and the same goes for other cardinal points. If I saw him go north I'd definitely head towards the south

I had so much to live for and so much to do in this life of mine and hence  I was not going to let a certain alpha kill me before I achieved my goals..

Better yet, I wasn't just going to let myself die because of a certain species uncontrollable anger and rage that was never caused by me.

I was innocent and never had I ever purposefully done any wrong or caused anyone harm

I heard voices from a distance it sounded like an arguement and suddenly I saw a bright light.

The moment my eyes snapped open I shut them immediately. The light was  too bright heck I felt as if my eyes were being burned. I heard the curtain being closed and once again I opened my eyes.

I let my eyes roam around but when they landed on ocean blue ones I nearly let out a scream that would definitely deafen anyone in the room. The scumbag that caused my current state stood there and even had the audacity to look sorry. You nearly killed me prick. Not once but twice.

What kind of Alpha leader was he if he kept on hurting the weak. The weak in this scenario was me. I was the weakling and this brute of a man tried to fucking kill me again

I tried to speak but I couldn't. He seemed to notice my struggle and handed me a glass of water.

Maybe he poisoned the cup and just wanted to see me choke and die a painful death

This was strange though. Did he finally realize that he was being a complete asshole for trying to murder me or did he poison the water and wanted to watch me die?

I took my chances with the water because I was thirsty and my throat hurt.

After I was done he took it and placed it somewhere else I honestly really couldn't care less. He could swallow the entire glass  if he wanted.

"Mia ,"  he rasped out. Ok hold up did he .... He just called me by my name .

Red flags. Giant red flags. I should probably run because this was never a good sign. He was either about to manipulate me by saying some crappy nice words in order for me to forgive him or he was about to mock me

I also realised that he did not call me human and was that sadness in his voice.

This man was the definition of pure evil. How could he possibly be sad right now, in fact I'm the one whose supposed to be sad. Something was not right.

"Listen , I know we started out in a wrong note but I just wanted to make things right between us . If there is anything that I can do to make this better then tell me and i will do it"

He seemed sincere but I called bullshit. Was it possible for someone to just drastically change their way and mannerism of speech with just one incident.

Of course not

Did he think that I was a fool to fall for his false speech and his eyes.

I tried to find any trace of malice and mockery on him but surprisingly.

There was no trace of malice in his voice which scared me

even more. How long was i passed out. A year maybe two or three. Why was he being so nice.

"Alpha Gerald" I began thinking of what to say next but he beat me to it .

  "Gerald just Gerald"he said  .

And then my friend was when I figured that I was dreaming. First name basis ?when did that happen

  " Forgive me" and with that he left leaving me  as confused as fuck.

Authors note

Its a short chapter I know but I'll try and make the next longer. As I always say dont forget to vote and comment