23

Days had passed with no signs of Chris. But they all knew he was still wondering around the small town, considering the fact that he just walked away after what happened, probably too helpless and weak to use any more of his magic.

"Do you think we'll ever cross paths with him again?" Lily asked while checking out her new pink, volumed dress that Cassy had bought her. It had light pink pearls on the top layer of the three layered dress. It came with a rather small but big tiara that kept falling down her head since it had nothing that could keep it in place.

"I'm not sure, Lily... I'm worried"

Cassy never had the best impression of Chris. After all, he kidnapped her on their first encounter and was gonna force her to marry him. Cassy was mainly worried about him recklessly using his magic in public that could get him in serious trouble.

If anyone were to see magic in town they would completely freak out which would be quite ironic since they already got werewolves existing in the world.

The room was quiet but peaceful. Both girls hadn't seen the boys either since that day. Cassy kept missing Noah, she barley got to spend any quality time with him alone. There was still so many things she wanted to talk about.

Her parents were gone once again to focus on their hunting business. Cassy would normally feel sad about it, but now she had people to hangout with and during their absence happened to be the perfect time.

"I'm boreeeeeed" Lily groaned and laid down on the table.

"Then how about visiting work? I'm working the nightshift again and I would need some company on my way back"

Both girls exchanged a smile and Lily nodded in excitement.

Cassy decided to cook something before it was time to leave and maybe bake an apple pie if she had time.

Her mom used to bake a lot before she became a hunter so Cassy naturally picked up the skills while watching her in the kitchen as a kid.

Lily sat on Cassy's shoulder and watched her prepare everything. She decided to make pasta Alfredo with shrimps since it was quite easy and one of the dishes she had fully memorized.

The day was strangely calm.

Made her realize just how much her life had changed in just a short period of time. Noah, someone she felt a strong connection with, came into her life and changed all of it.

For the better?

She wasn't sure. Yes, her life was way more adventurous than it had ever been before but.. strange things were happening too. Things she had to hide from her parents.

You could say it was a bittersweet life.
————-
Lily had set the table and once the food was done, Cassy brought it in to the kitchen. Of course Lily had her own set of kitchen equipment that were used for big dolls. She had her own small chair and table for her to sit on.

Cassy served them both food and they began to eat.

"Why do you work nighttime? You're just a kid." Lily said, worried for Cassy's safety.

Cassy couldn't help but chuckle which made Lily feel a bit bad.

"Oh Lily, I've always been scared to work nighttime, but it's during the night that a few more people come and the payment is higher. They're all strange but I only want to save up money for future trips.

Lily slowly nodding her head.

"Besides, after everything I've been through since meeting Noah I don't think working nighttime is going to be any struggle anymore."

Her going from almost dying to getting dragged into a completely different world, weird creatures showing up and Lily who now was her first fairy-looking friend.

Strange, but not bad.

she looked at Lily while she crossed her mind and thought about something.

"Lily. How would you feel about cutting your hair a bit? I think a new change of look would be good for you."

Lily's hair wasn't very long. It went down to her back so cutting it would mean either up to the shoulders or shorter.

"You think?"

Cassy nodded her head, hoping to hear a yes.

It took a few seconds before Lily nodded her head in response.

"Okey!"

They both finished eating before going back up to the bedroom. Cassy made sure to empty a bit on her desk so she could place pages of newspaper.

"Stand here Lily" she patted where she wanted her to stand and hurried to the bathroom to get a pair of nail scissors.

She covered Lily's body with a small blanket she had bought for her.

"Now there's no turning back.."

——————

It was time to go to work.

Both Cassy and Lily were ready to go out. They locked the door and made their way to the bus station. Since Cassy's parents were back, they'd be using the car more frequently.

It wasn't much of a problem for her.

While waiting for the bus with no other presence around, Lily got out of the small bag that they brought but shivered and went back inside.

"I think it's gonna rain, Cassy. I hope the bus arrives soon" she said, slightly worried. Lily hated rain more than anything else.

The bus thankfully arrived before it started pouring rain. Since Cassy was still a minor and was working night shift again, she was assigned to stand at the register counter this time.

She leaned her head to the glass and was about to close her eyes when she saw someone walking outside with their head lowered.

The bus was rolling so she only got a quick look but she was sure that the figure walking the opposite way, was Chris.

——————

They arrived at the hotel entrance and before stepping inside, a sad voice called out to her from behind.

"Cassy...?"

Chris was standing further away, soaked in the rain with a helpless face expression.

*

*

*
***
You guys are insane. Thank you so much  for 100k reads. Never think I picture this book to blow up. The book has turned 2 years old... also if there's anything you guys would want to see happen in it, Please comment, I might make it happen.