19

"So do you enjoy going on walks? Do you fly often? Where are your wings? Do you find it boring to walk, since you're always sitting on a shoulder-"

"Max, do you ever just shut up?" Angelo asked him annoyed. He had heard too much of Max's voice for the day and couldn't stand it any longer.

Lilly looked at Max with a shy smile. It was the first time someone ever talked to Lilly who was curious about her. She found Max really cute but Angelo had interrupted him. Lilly decided to stay quiet and while facing down to the ground.

—————

They had been walking for awhile now. Noah has no idea what he was doing or where he was headed. But he knew a place both him and Lilly knew too well.

His tree.

"C'mon guys" Noah signed with his finger and pointed at the big tree. It was far away and hidden well so no hunters could ever find it. It was inside a dangerous area.

Hunters believed there was some kind of black magic surrounding the place. Cassy's uncle, Hendry, who was the leader of one group of hunters could not put his men at risk for such a thing.

He himself knew was laid beyond the forbidden side of the forest.

"Noah, why are we here?"

All eyes shifted from the tree to Lilly. She had a nervous face expression, one that said she did not wanna be back.

It made Noah suspect her.

His eyes darted back to the tree. Once they reached it the first thing he checked was the dreamcatcher. It was glowing beautifully with the sunlight on it.

"Lilly, you do know something, don't you?" His eyes still glued to the dreamcatcher.

Noah wasn't sure if suspecting her was right, she did help him save Cassy the day her life could have taken a stop. But he had the right to know. He wanted to make sure whatever she was, was safe for Cassy.

"I- I don't" she instantly denied and shook her head repeatedly. The tone in his voice was shaking her up a bit and she stuttered. She felt timid with his sudden change of tone.

But Noah was being serious and wanted to know the truth of her stay.

Max looked at her up and down again with an apologetic look. He couldn't really tell Noah to back off since knowing him for awhile made him feel like the younger brother. Nor did he want to set off any triggers.

Noah sighed and turned around, glaring at Lilly, which only made Max sense the need to defend her, taking a few steps back.

"Noah, calm down.." he told him. His eyes shifting back and forth between them.

Before the tension escalated, Angelo blocked Noah from taking any further steps. "What were you gonna do? Threaten the truth out of Cassy's friend?"

Noah who had his hands clenched, closed his eyes and took deep breathes, trying to focus on the thought of Cassy's smile.

Right.

There was nothing to get so worked up over.

"I-I'm sorry, Lilly" he lowered his head in shame. After all, she was part of the group that saved the life of his most important treasure.

He owe a lot to her.

Lilly pouted and stood up. Max thought she was gonna fall and reached his hand to hold her but before he could, she pulled out her wings and flew towards Noah.

She flew above him and let some of her magical silver dust fall down on him. It disappeared around him when she flew down to meet eyes with him.

"I'll tell you my purpose"

She looked around and Noah has figured she was looking for a place to discuss without being overheard.

"The tree" he pointed at. It was the closest and safest place around them where anything said would not be audible to others. Lilly nodded and made it to the tree before Noah. She gently sat down on a mushroom and looked up at him.

The words she was looking for somehow were difficult to voice out. It was something she had held close to her heart for a long time and wanted to keep it safe by keeping it a secret.

She took a deep breath and without any second thoughts she spoke.

"I'm looking for my parents" she said clear and loud for all three of them.

"I'm looking for my parents that I was told were here. I wasn't given any permission to leave the others, but I couldn't go back knowing I was one step closer to the truth. So I stayed with you guys" Lilly felt nervous with each word that was said and had been rolling her thumbs together.

A slight but painful feeling was growing in her heart. She didn't realize how badly she wanted to find them. It was her biggest and only wish in the world. Small tears were filled in her eyes, threatening to fall down her cheeks.

Max who already cared a lot about her took a step forward and kneeled down to carefully pat her head, his finger caressing her cheek. "Don't cry, we'll see what we can do"

His reassuring words made her feel better that uncontrollable tears started falling. Out of embarrassment she covered her face and cried out everything she held locked in her heart.

They all stayed quiet in place. It was better to let Lily calm down before continuing with any conversations.

"I just-" she sniffled and wiped her tears. "I just want my mom and dad back. I want to know more about myself" suddenly a small hiccup left her small lips.

It startled everyone including her and even lightened up the mood. Noah let out a chuckle and patted her head.

"It must have been hard for you"

Angelo was smiling upon the new memory that was gonna remain fresh in his mind.

All three of them exchanged eye contact and nodded in agreement. Lilly felt all their eyes on her with a smile planted on their faces. Max's was right in front of her with a huge smile and said.

"Seems like we have a change of plans"