6

"So?" I was still waiting for an answer. Telling from his hesitation I knew he was hiding something. And since it was about me I had the right to know.

I crossed my arms and just waited. I was not going to leave without getting an answer.

I could see him, trying to not open his mouth and spill the tea. But when he was about to say something, voices came from afar.

Noah let out a 'shit' and stood up, picking me up at the same time.

I looked confused at him, making eye contact to see if he had something in mind. But I can't read minds so I just looked around to se if anyone was in sight.

I was no one though which made me even more confused, I know that Noah heard something and I wanted to know what it was. Before I even got to ask him, I heard a bang.

"Fuck.. this is bad.." Noah muttered. He was thinking of something, probably a way to escape without getting seen.

Werewolf hunters....

They probably came to this forest because it's big and werewolf's could be hiding. Like Noah was. But he was human now so could they still recognize him?

"Run Noah, I'll distract them." I finally said. I was human and my parents were famous werewolf hunters so they hunters would know who I am.

Yes Noah was human and they probably wouldn't know that he'd be a werewolf but I didn't want to take any chances. The hunters might be able to smell or feel a wolf vibe coming from him so I'd be better if he hid.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt me." I said. He nodded at last and started running away as fast as he could. What I realized when he ran was that my hand felt cold again.

Apparently me and Noah had been holding hands since he picked me up from the ground and I didn't notice. I held my hand with my other one and started caressing it, warming it. But it wasn't the same as Noah's touch.

Wow am I already whipped for him?

I mean he's been nice so far, beside almost giving me a heart attack and kill me. His voice is raspy but somehow smooth too. He himself was also goo-

"Hey! Rise your hands up and turn around now!"

I jumped a little, losing focus in my own thoughts by getting screamed at. I risked my hands fast and turned around, meeting eyes with one of my dads personal colleagues and someone I considered my uncle, Henry Lee.

"Oh it's just you miss. Stone, sorry for scaring ya. It's ok boys, she's the leaders daughter." He raises his hand, telling them to put down their weapons.

No one knew that we were close, He told me that it was better to keep it a secret so no werewolf's would get that information and use me as a threat.

He then looked back at me. "It's not really safe to be here all by yourself, Cassy." He whispered close to my eras so the others wouldn't hear him call me by my name.

I looked to my left to Noah's tree. How did they not react to that? Could they not see it?

"Sorry, I was just a little stressed and decided to get some fresh air. I'll head back home now." I smiled, trying to not look suspicious.

He was scanning my face to see if I was lying. Even though we've known each other for a years, I was still good at lying and it seemed like it was working again.

Because he nodded and smiled before turning around and tell his team that they'd go back. I guess they though someone was here and since it only was me they decided to go back for today.

"Um I'll walk that way, it's much closer." It was the truth. My house was closer that way than the other they were about to take. Henry nodded again and just told me to be careful o my way.

I had my pepper spray so he didn't have to walk me home.

As I was far away from them, I started running. I wanted to find Noah again just to make sure he was ok. But I couldn't find him anywhere, he must have run pretty far away.

So I gave up at the end, seeing houses on the other side. So I just walked home. Once I reached the door I heard yelling on the other side. Mom was screaming at dad.

Wait when did they come home?! I thought they'd come back after a month.

"What if a werewolf took her!?" I heard mom scream. I just sighted and opened the door, just to see my mom ready to throw a vase at my dad. They both just stared at me until mom put down the vase and ran to hug me.

"Omg Cassy! Where were you!? I was so worried!" She said with a shaky voice. Mom is very paranoid when it comes to me walking outside. She thinks anything could happen to me.

As much as I appreciate her caring about me, it makes me feel suffocated. As if she wants me trapped in the house because if I walk outside, I'd die.

"Don't worry mom. I'm 100% ok so you can breath now." I said with a calm voice while hugging her back.

I looked up at dad and he seemed mad. Probably because I didn't tell them where I was heading and how I didn't tell them I wasn't coming home today, though it wasn't planned.

"Hhh, welcome back both of you. Do you want a cup of tea, dad?" I asked. Tea used to always fix everything when it came to dad. His favorite is mint tea. Mom wasn't really fond of tea. She only drank water because fizzy drinks weren't really anything she liked either

Mom softly laughed which made dad smile. "Well if my daughter makes it then I'm more than glad to say yes."

I chucked and just rolled my eyes. Dad is pretty funny ngl. "Ok you guys can go and sit down, please don't fight." I said as I made my way to the kitchen to prepare tea and water.

As I put the cups on a tray, I made my way to the living room but before I was seen I heard mom say something.

"Do you think she saw him?.."

A/N

So. I walked through the forest that inspired me to write this. I've been picturing that forest while writing this. It's a forest that is right beside my kindergarten I used to go to and it's so big since last time I went in it. It was beautiful too.

I was walking with my little brother and right at the end, he tripped which reminded me of Cassy when she tripped at the end of the forest too lol XD

Wish I could show y'all the forest.

Comment and vote٩( 'ω' )و