They're in Trouble

It's been three years. Three years since Raphael left. The brothers are dying inside and wake up every morning hoping that Raphael will walk through the turnstiles that day. But he never does.

Mikey's the only brother that seems to be holding any hope in his body now. Everyday, he sets an extra seat at the table for their missing family member. And everyday, he cleans it up. Leo lost hope after Mikey's birthday party. The leader thought he knew his younger brother. Apparently, he didn't know him very well. Donnie lost hope a few months back. He's always been the logical brother and his logic says that it's been two years, he's never coming home.

Life has become somewhat normal. They still go on patrol and save the city but, it just doesn't have the same meaning that it did when Raphael was still around.

—————————————————-

The plane landed and that meant it was time to go. He snuck out and fled to the covers of the shadows. He walked for what felt like hours until he stumbled upon a field of flowers. But flowers weren't the only thing there. Graves, rows and rows of them. He had stumbled on a graveyard. He walked through it out of curiosity. It was the middle of the night so he wasn't too concerned of someone being there.

He continued to walk until he saw one that really caught his eye. This grave had his family crest on it.

Shen

He walked up to it then, knelt down to look and it was her. He smiled. This woman was the love of his fathers life. His mother if you will. He gathered some flowers he found outside the graveyard and gently laid them down over her grave. He kissed his fingers and placed them against the grave.

"I hope he's with you now." Raph smiled. A rogue tear fell from his cheek and he quickly wiped it away.

"Fascinating!" A man gasped. Raphael whipped around and froze.

Shit

The turtle slowly backed away from the man, his hands in front of him.

"No, no, I knew your father.

"Huh?"

"Yes, Hamato Yoshi. He was my friend. I know you as well."

"Well, I don't know you." Raph said.

"Well, my name is Saruka. It is very nice to meet you, Raphael."

"What? I get you knew my dad but how'd you know my name?" Raph asked.

"I helped your father rescue you when you were kidnapped by the Shredder."

"You were the guy he was talking to?"

"Yes, I was."

"I thought you may recognize me. I knew you were in critical condition but I did not realize it was that bad."

"It really wasn't, but thanks, for helping my dad." Raph smiled.

"Of course, and I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks."

"Come with me, I will give you a bed to sleep in." Saruka offered. Raphael nodded and followed the man back to his home.

When they got there, Raphael sat down on a bed.

"I do not remember you having a tattoo."

"Yea, I just got it."

"It's very nice. But it doesn't seem like something Yoshi would let his children do."

"Well, he's not here and I'm not a kid anymore. I'm a grown man. I' twenty one years old." Raphael growled.