"Surely you're not going to remain here in the freezing blizzard. When I have a perfectly warm cabin where you can keep warm plus I have food." Shake my head he stands grasping the door to give him stability. He closes the door limps past the car slowly limping away from me, leaning my head back, closed my eyes for a split second to assemble my thoughts, still not listening to my gut grab my case step out of the car lock the car and follow him. 

***

Trailed in the deep snow causing the journey tougher than it already is plus helping this guy that I've no idea who he is. Sauntered along the road which is covered either side with dense thick trees have no clue what I would encounter when we reach his cabin. 

My mind focuses on the road where he is taking me in case I have to escape at any time. We stop for a short while so he could rest his leg. Glanced at it with the torch, notice it is bleeding again. "Look mate you need to rest your leg. It's really bad." He shakes his head. "It's not safe for us to be out here too long." Staring at him what the hell is he talking about not safe? 

Is he talking about himself or whoever did this injury to him? "What do you mean it's not safe?" Standing straight all I can observe is the outline of trees the darkness is too much putting the fear of God in me. "Just like I said we need to keep moving." He glances around starts to walk. Grab my case to follow him, helping him step in the thick snow which is up to my knees. 

He's slightly taller than me, no he's considerably taller than me. Reached another road he heads to the tree line where we saunter through them not able to see a thing in front of me, we hear a noise. He stops, puts his finger to his lips telling me not to make a sound but my heart is beating fast with fear. 

We could hear something ambling towards us he turns briskly throwing me to the floor when something jumps out at us that. I couldn't place my orbs on it while I'm scrambling to my feet struggling to haul myself towards the tree to hide. My heart racing my body cold the snowstorm still blustery. Couldn't catch a glimpse of the guy but then all I catch is shadows hear some scuffle then something running off. "You can come out." He says, breathing heavy. 

Trembled with fear, having no idea what the hell that was or how he managed to elude that thing. Slowly standing to catch his shadow he shines the flashlight on me. "We need to move fast." He's not telling me anything, just offering me these one-liners, he only makes small talk.

Supporting him again, we proceed just a little swifter than before, picking up our pace, which is proving to be impossible with the amount of snow that is laying on the ground. Not saying another word but listening to my heartbeat while we haste our approach to his cabin. Just hope he's not a serial killer or someone to that description. Still trembling with fear also listening out for any unusual noises. 

We reach a small road, and, in the distance, I could observe a huge cabin, not your normal size you would expect in the woods, but this is like a lodge. Just hope he has a phone. We stroll up the steps to the door he opens it steps in closing the door behind us. 

That is when I'm crying with fear my back pressed up against the door staring into the face of a wolf showing teeth that are pristine white with points. "Sapphire, quit it." He says to this thing that is monstrous. It listens to him moving gradually away from me to take up residence in front of the open fire. "She means you no harm." Yes, that's what you say, but I almost shit my fucking panties

He points to the phone while he saunters into the kitchen searching in his cupboard for something. Pick up the phone, and there's no dial tone. Placed the phone back in the charging dock, rubbed my face. "The phone is not working." He steps back over with a box plus water rests on the sofa, rips his jeans. Takes a bottle of whiskey as a mouthful pours a little into a bowl where there is a clean cloth. 

He places it on his gash on his leg, screws his face up. Starts to stitch his gash with no care or even flinching when the needle is passing through his skin. Stepped back to the door to grab my case he peers over at me. "The lines must be down with the storm." Smiled and opened the door calmly, stepping out backwards to leave. "It's cold out there I got a fire plus food, but it's your decision if you prefer to leave." Smiled at him nod close the door turned around to realise I'm in complete darkness. 

The blizzard is making it impossible to view your own hand in front of your face. Glimpse back at the door take a deep cold breath to open it he shakes his head. "Look you can stay here until the morning." Closed the door behind me, placing my case just behind his sofa. It's cold outside, but in here it's warm.

***************************

A TASTER OF SOMETHING I AM WORKING ON 

WANT TO GET FEEDBACK TO WHETHER I CARRY ON THIS STORY 

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ

WILL LEAVE UP FOR A WEEK TO SEE HOW IT GOES 

THIS IS A DIFFERENT STORY TO WHAT I NORMALLY WRITE 

HOPE YOU LIKE THE COVER