_________

Cady was significantly worried about Janis. Today wasn't normal. Sure everyone has their off days but she has never seen Janis like this before. Little did she know that a tea won't really help but it's worth a try. So here she was looking through the cabinets, searching for Janis favourite tea and a mug. The water slowly boiling in the kettle. She leaned on the counter lost in her thoughts,  she didn't even realise that her phone rang until the high pitched sound of the steam coming out of the tea kettle brought her back to reality.

There were two words on the screen which made her heart stop. A cold shiver running down her spine. And then she heard a scream. Janis. A feeling of pure terror shot through her as she bolted upstairs, calling for Janis.

As she got into her room she froze in shock. Janis was lying on the bed. Her body cramped up,  shaking violently. Her Jaw was clenched in an unhealthy position as if it would break any second. Her eyes were rolled upwards and her breaths were just desperate gasps for air. Like she was drowning.

Cady ran towards the bed. Calling her name desperately hoping for an answer which just didn't come. She was helpless. Her phone was downstairs. Shit. She took a look around and noticed Janis' phone on the floor. She picked it up with shaky hands and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Yeah uh- hi uhm-" Cady didn't even notice that she was crying until now. "It's- It's my girlfriend she's- I think she's having a seizure."

Cady explained the situation to the lady on the phone with a shaky voice. More and more tears making their way down Cadys cheeks.

"Did your girlfriend stop seizing by now?"

"No, no! It just won't stop!" Cady started sobbing. Praying that this was just a terrible nightmare and that she would wake up with Janis' arms protectively wrapped around her, hearing her steady heartbeat. But this wasn't a dream. She didn't wake up. She had to get through this alone. For Janis.

"Miss I need you to calm down. The ambulance is almost there. Your girlfriend is going to be okay. Is your door unlocked?"

Cady just nodded unable to speak. She was right. Cady could hear the sirens. People rushing into the house. And as soon as the first Paramedic came into the room Janis suddenly stopped moving. She just layed still. Eyes now closed and her jaw was slowly relaxing. The whole world around Cady stopped for a second. Is she.... "WE GOT A STEADY PULSE".

Cady let out another sob. She's alive. And that's the only thing that counts right now.

_______

Janis woke up with the worst pain she's ever felt before. Her vision a little blurry like she was looking through a vail. Too tired to move. Too weak to even let out a sound. As her vision got clearer she looked around. White walls, just a little table in the corner of the room and a closet. She was in a hospital. It was dark and you could hear the rain outside gently tapping onto the window.

She couldn't really remember what happened. One second she layed in her bed and now she's here. What the fuck happened?

She felt something shifting beside her. Janis smiled. Cadys head rested on the edge of her bed, strands of her auburn hair falling over her face, her brows slightly furrowed. She held Janis hand close to her in both of hers, her fingers resting limply around it. Janis heart skipped a beat at the sight. Most of the pain and worries already forgotten. She tucked the strands of hair behind Caddies ear slightly brushing her thumb over her cheekbone. Cady started to stirr and mumbled a little "Janis?" slowly lifting her head up. "Hey you" Janis smiled softly. Her voice a little raspy from exhaustion.

As the realisation hit her, Cady immediately sat up straight, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Hey..." Cady didn't know what to say. Too happy that Janis is awake.

After a pause of just smiling at each other Cady spoke up again. "How are you feeling?"

Janis shifted a little trying to find a more comfortable position, groaning as the pain intensifies again "Like shit.. what happened?"

Cadys grip around Janis hand got a little tighter as she said "you had a pretty severe seizure.. the doctors don't really know what the cause of it was but they're going to do some tests tomorrow.. the good news is that you got no brain damage.. it's kind of a miracle.." her voice cracked at the end. Even the thought of it made her heart break into a million pieces. She didn't realise that she started crying until Janis softly wiped the tears away with her thumb. As she looked up Janis carefully shifted to the right side of her bed, softly whispering "come here."

"I- I could hurt you.." Cady argues worried that she'll cause Janis even more pain.

"No you won't." Janis promises. Then she looked at Cady with pleading eyes and said "please?"

What Cady didn't know was that Janis got so used to sleeping next to Cady, that she can't fall asleep without her. She always misses the warmth Cady gives off, the smell of her hair, her steady breath tickling a little on her skin, the way she always cuddles into her side, placing her head underneath Janis chin perfectly fitting into her arms like a puzzle piece that was always missing. And those are the things Janis was craving the most in that moment.

She smiles as Cady crawled into bed, carefully cuddling into her making sure that she doesn't put too much weight to Janis. Janis just put her arms around Cady kissing the top of her head.

"Better" she sighs, her eyes slowly getting heavier again.

"Are you sure that this is okay?" Cady asked worriedly as she looked up only to see Janis slowly falling asleep already responding with a little "mmmhm".

Cady smiled and gave Janis a soft kiss on the cheek before laying her head onto Janis' chest listening to her steady heartbeat.

I hope you liked it. Again this topic is kinda close to me so if you don't like it just take it as a "here are some facts about me" thing. Fact number one I have Epilepsy. To everyone who has similar neurological problems I'm so sorry but we're gonna get through this.
And I P R O M I S E the next one is going to be less dramatic and more fluffy😅😅
As always, have a nice day and until next time.. Bye😊😊