quatre

★ 。\|/。★

𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:THE BATTLE BEGINS

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊:
THE BATTLE BEGINS

★ 。/|\。★

BATTLE WAS INEVITABLE. Belle, with horrible clarity, knew that it was true. Seeing Manhattan in a state of total silence really shocked her to her core. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked all around her. The mortals were sleeping and the Demigods of Camp Half-Blood all looked nervous. She wholeheartedly agreed. Belle didn't know how this was going to turn out. Even Argus looked panicked. The only one who seemed remotely happy about the sleeping city was Mrs. O'Leary, who was eating out of an overturned hot dog stand.

Percy explained to Argus what they had learned on Mount Olympus and how the Gods wouldn't help them. Argus rolled all of his hundred eyes disgust, which gave Belle a headache since it made his entire body swirl.

"You'd better get back to Camp," Percy told him. "Guard it as best you can."

He pointed at Percy with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm staying."

Argus nodded. He then looked to Belle and Annabeth and drew a circle in the air with his finger. Belle sighed and looked to Annabeth who nodded in response.

"Yeah, it's time, Argus," Belle announced.

Percy looked down at his girlfriend. "Time for what?"

Argus looked around for a moment in the back of the van. He brought out a bronze shield, one that looked like the ones they used for capture the flag, and passed it to Annabeth. When she set it on the ground, the reflection on the polished metal rippled and changed from the buildings of Manhattan to the Statue of Liberty, which was nowhere close to them.

"Woah," Percy commented. "A video shield."

"One of Daedalus' ideas. Belle and I had Beckendorf make this before—" Annabeth glanced at Silena guiltily for a second. "Um, anyway, the shield bends sunlight or moonlight from anywhere in the world to create a reflection. You can literally see any target under the sun or moon, as long as natural light is touching it. Look."

All of the Demigods crowded around as Annabeth concentrated. The image spun before it zoomed to the Central Park Zoo, then past Bloomingdale's on East Sixtieth, then onto Third Avenue.

"Woah," Connor stated. "Back up. Zoom in right there."

"What?" Annabeth asked nervously. "You see invaders?"