Chapter 6

I wake up and stretch and check my phone for the time. It reads 8:00am, though this should be the time the exam starts, I recall that Netero delays the exam until 9:30. So I leisurely sit up, yawn, and stretch.

My movement seems to wake up Killua, so I greet him "Mornin', have a good rest?" He blinks, and nods, tilting his head. I stand up, "Well, I'm going to freshen up! See you later." I offer a small smile.

"Cya." Hearing that, I go off to do my own things.

About a quarter of an hour later, I amble out of the women's bathroom, refreshed after taking a morning shower. Feeling clean is the best. At the same time, Kurapika and Leorio came out of the men's bathroom.

Surprised at the coincidence, I greeted them, "Oh, good morning, did you guys have a good rest?"

Kurapika answers, "Yes, we did. Thank you for the sushi yesterday, by the way, it was delicious!" he crosses his arms and nods.

"Yeah! I can see why you passed that woman's strict requirements, good job!" Leorio adds and pats my head, making me look down bashfully.

"I'm happy you guys enjoyed it." I put my hands together, "Oh! I'll go back to Killua and search for Gon, so let's go get breakfast." I suggest. They both agree and wander off to the dining room while I stroll back to where Killua was waiting.

Killua agrees, and we both go to check on Gon, "Let's start at the training room. That idiot probably fell asleep right then and there." Killua says. I smile.

"Mah, if we find him asleep, let's just leave him alone, he needs his rest. Knowing him, Gon probably just fell asleep a few hours ago." Killua hums nonchalantly at that, agreeing.

Peeking into the training room, I find Gon sleeping in the middle of the training room like expected. We glance at each other, communicating with our eyes and just close the door. "I'll grab some breakfast for him when he wakes up." I shrug, smiling helplessly.

.:~*~:.

Arriving at the quite populated dining hall, we spot Leorio and Kurapika at a table. We join them, explaining that Gon is still asleep. I ordered a York New breakfast - which is basically an English breakfast - with some apple juice.

We finish breakfast. Leorio, complaining, retells what happened last night with Tonpa trying to mess with them as they were resting. Right on time, Mr Bean announces that we arrived at Trick Tower and we should prepare to dismount the Airship. We stroll off to the Airship's exit.

Reaching the exit, we see Gon, "Good morning! Here, I grabbed some breakfast from the dining hall for you." I hand over a simple sandwich.

He takes it gratefully, "Thanks!" he chirps, finishing the sandwich right then and there. '... Maybe I should have bought him more food.' I blink dumbfounded. Hearing Mr Bean about to announce the task for the next phase, I look up.

"Ahem... Everyone, the exam's Third Phase will begin here, at the top of Trick Tower." he pauses as someone questions the name, "To pass this phase, you must reach the Tower's base alive. The time limit is seventy-two hours."

We all gape at each other and Leorio mutters a "No way..." I shrug.

"With that, we will now begin the Third Phase. I will pray for your success." The other applicants spread out, and I walked to the edge of the Tower with the Gon squad. The Airship flies away with Mr Bean wishing everyone luck again from the Airship's intercom.

Gon kneels down, and we peer down the edge, looking down at the sheer drop. "Are we supposed to climb down?" Leorio questions

Crossing his arms, Kurapika remarks, "That would be suicide..." We hear a confident chuckle behind us.