Chapter 3

Upon opening the door, I see webs covering the walls, obscuring the natural light from the crystals - casting a dimmer light compared to the rest of the cave. Tell tale signs of spider eggs littered the room. In the middle of the massive cavern, a huge mutant spider could be seen, outclassing the spiders outside by double. Upon appraising, it is level 15, but it feels about evenly matched with me despite me being 2 levels higher.

I have not stepped on the web yet, it was busy with its latest meal. 'Gee, I feel like this is every arachnophobe's nightmare.' I absentmindedly noted. I grip my baseball bat tightly, I can't tell if I'm scared or excited. To think just a day ago, I was a normal woman. In this dungeon I've already had quite a lot of close encounters. Frankly, right now, I want somewhere to rest and have a moment where I could sort my thoughts out.

Enough of this, whining will do no good. I step into the room. The boss, upon feeling the vibration of prey in its domain, turns quickly and lets out a deafening screech. Grating against my ears, but dulled due to pain resistance. Blue wiggles nervously and decides to hide in my hood to not get in my way. The mutant approaches quickly, forelegs raised to stab me from above. I dodge and use the opening to attempt to break its leg with my baseball bat. Hitting it successfully, I dodge the second foreleg that followed and also took a swing at that.

I glance at its health bar, seeing that it went down by only a measly 24 points, compared to the spider's 1000 HP. I kept with the strategy of hit and run when eventually I got it to 800 HP. The tactics changed, and the mutant starts trying to immobilise me with its sticky webs, thankfully the time for it to make webs was long, so I was able to avoid and sneak in a lot more hits. Upon finding that I was too quick, it started aiming at the floor instead.

Making sure to dodge the webs on the floor with my heightened senses, I couldn't dodge all of them, and the spider got a few hits in, stabbing me in multiple places. I was healed by Blue and at long last, I managed to get the boss down to 300 HP. It started spitting acid at me, melting the places it sprayed on. I got a little on my leg and was hit with a painful burning sensation. There was a sound of acquiring something, but I ignored it and pushed on with the pain. My movements slowed down, and it took the opportunity to try to bite me. Expecting this, I countered by jumping on its head and started bashing its head in, holding on for dear life as it swung around in desperation.

Moments later, the abomination of a spider died. I weakly open my inventory and chug a few Health Potions. I drop to the floor in exhaustion, vaguely seeing Blue nudge my face and hearing the gentle ping sounds of the system, before blacking out...

.:~*~:.

I wake up, not knowing how long I have passed out for. I check for Blue, and find that it is... Eating the webs? Seeing that it is okay I remember all the pings I got and check the notifications.

[Corrosion resistance acquired]

[Pain resistance level up]

[Level up]

[Level up][Level up][Level up][Level up]

[First Boss Bonus]

+5 Stat Points

[System is impressed and pleased with your tenacity]

[Acquired Title: Crawler Slayer]

... Wow it seems like I earned a lot from this fight just from the system alone. I equip the title and I glance at the boss, I see a strong glimmer. I collect the items.

[Acquired Sword of Ararchi]

[Acquired Ring of Ararchi][Acquired Recovery Potion x 5][Acquired Leg of Ararchi x8][Acquired Eyes of Ararchi x6][Acquired Arachi's Spider Silk x5]