Chapter 4

I entered the elevator with no problem. Thankfully, the staff did not question my ability to find the location so quickly. I stood in the elevator and did a double check of my preparations. Over the year and a half I was here, I turned 14 and my hair grew from shoulder length to my lower back, so I pulled it into a low ponytail.

I remember the first time I looked into a mirror, though the general features of my past face were the same, my eyes were now a purple-blue compared to the hazel I had before. I also now had an additional two moles under my right eye.

I was kitted out in simplistic, but maneuverable clothes, made by myself from the materials I got from dungeons; a dark sleeveless turtleneck under a loosely zipped up blue hoodie, dark shorts with a skirt cape, black tights and combat boots. I brought along a black backpack with necessities in, but its other purpose was to somewhat disguise my inventory ability. There is also a sword sheathed in my backpack.

Satisfied that I have everything, I hummed to myself, waiting for the elevator to reach the bottom. The elevator slowed to a stop, I stood up and walked into the room. It is sparsely populated due to how early I was.

Beans walked up and politely handed a badge to me "Hello, please take this badge. Be sure to wear this on your chest at all times and be careful not to lose it."

I took the badge, "Thank you" I replied with a small smile. Glancing at it, I got the number #11.

*Ping*

[Good work on getting here so far. Here.]

~Main Quest~

*~Pass the Hunter Exam~*

[Pass Phase 1 0/1]

[Pass Phase 2 0/1]

[Pass Phase 3 0/1]

[Pass Bonus Stage 0/1]

[Pass Phase 4 0/1]

[Pass Phase 5 0/1]

Huh? I've never seen this before... I guess this was bound to happen. I see a bonus stage, this probably refers to the 1999 version of the series. Come to think of it, it may be possible that events will be a mix of different versions. I wonder what would have happened if I decided to not follow the story... I shiver.

Throwing the subject to the back of my mind, I pivot and walk to the right side of the room and lean on the wall. I took out my phone and listened to some music with earphones, watching as applicants trickled in disinterestedly, noting many of the colourful characters from the show. I was soon approached by Tonpa and I looked up at his presence.

"Hey! I've never seen you around before, are you a rookie?" with fake welcoming.

I smirked inside my head, expression not changing, stating, "Yes, what of it?"

"W-well this is my 35th attempt, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I'm Tonpa."

"Hm~ I'm Lia. Sure." He stills a bit, probably thinking about how to trick me into drinking his poisoned canned drink while trying to maneuver around my curt speech.

He goes on, "Here some juice to our acquaintance!"

I took the drink without hesitating, muttered a thanks, opened and sipped it. I was immune to poison since a year ago. He also took a sip from his can. Seeing that I was unaffected after a few moments, he made a face, to which I flatly responded "Do you need something?"