Chapter Eight ~ Third Master Makarov

Acnologia was at the end of his rope.

Over the years Fairy Tail had gained many new members and become much louder and more destructive.

Personally he blamed Makarov, ever since the boy had started to gain a name for himself and his team (which included August) more and more wizards had been coming out of the wood works to join.

It was starting to become too much so Acnologia implemented a rule, no one can join unless a guild member vouches for them, although that didn't prevent Ivan from joining.

The little terror was Makarov's son and practically born a member but there was just something about him that put even Acnologia on edge.

Which is why he avoided the boy like the plague. 

(anyway) One day Acnologia just had enough.

Makarov had returned from yet another job that left a town in ruins and was drinking at the bar when Acnologia approached him.

"So why did you destroy a town this time?" Acnologia asked.

"Feh" the forty year old scoffed "Some punks were bad mouthing Fairy Tail, i had to show them what's what" he stated  firmly standing behind his decision.

Acnologia took in a deep breath closing his eyes and counting to ten so he wouldn't blow up the guild hall.

"Right then" he decided and grabbing Makarov and dragging him along as he also grabbed August and dragged them both to the basement.

"Hey let me go!" Makarov yelled struggling in vain while August just calmly let himself be dragged away.

"So why are you taking us to the basement?" August asked.

"I've had it with your destruction, if i hear one more person whining about a destroyed house that will be the least of their worries so i've decided it's about time you learned about responsibility Makarov" Acnologia growled glaring at the shorter man.

"I ain't scared! Do your worst old man!" Makarov yelled still struggling in vain.

"So why am i coming along?" August asked.

"Believe me Makarov is gonna need all the help he can get and you're the best person for it" Acnologia said.

"Help with what?" Makarov asked before they came to a stop at a particular door, Acnologia dropped him down and let go of August before stepping over to the door.

"I've actually been thinking about this for a while" Acnologia muttered as he unlocked the door before pushing it open.

Makarov and August looked away from the light before it died down and looked back.

Makarov was completely shell shocked.

August didn't seem to have a reaction at all, like he had known about this all along.

"This is Lumen Histoire, also known as Fairy Heart and as Mavis, the reason why i'm showing you this is i'm naming you as third master Makarov" Acnologia said.

"Wait a minute! You can't be serious! August would be a much better master then me!" Makarov protested.

"I'm completely serious" Acnologia said shutting the door and turning to the two men.

"Technically speaking you're both the third master but you can't have two masters, so officially you're the master, Makarov" he said looking at the shorter man.

"August, being guild master is a heavy responsibility, i have no doubt you'd handle that magnificently but this is a lesson for Makarov, i'm asking you to help only when needed" he said turning to the taller blonde.