Chapter Six ~ Zero

It has been a year since the Blue Skull guild killed everyone on the island, that is everyone except Mavis(and Zera).

Mavis was reading a book in the library, when all of the sudden the little girl felt something, there was something off about the air.

She decided to go outside and see what was up but everything looked relatively normal "Do you feel that?"Zera whispered appearing at her side, clearly scared to even talk too loud.

Mavis nodded in agreement "Something is coming and fast"she stated, but she didn't feel threatened by the presence approaching the island but whatever it was had to be powerful.

The presence grew closer, there was a rumble in the air and a distant roar.

Within the next minute a massive black dragon with a grey underbelly and blue markings all over it appeared in the skies above Tenrou.

"Oh wow! It's a dragon!" Mavis yelled excitedly, sparkles in her eyes.

"Would you keep quiet! We don't want it's attention on us, that thing could eat us in one bite" Zera said being more cautious.

"It might but i read dragons can get pretty old, just think of what it could teach us!" Mavis said never losing her excited spark.

Zera was still apprehensive but didn't have much time to think on it anymore as the dragon landed infront of them sending a huge gust of wind in every direction as it did.

The dragon lowered it's head looking straight at Mavis "Are you the one who called me?" he asked.

Mavis grew confused, pouting her lips as she thought back "I don't think so, i was just reading this book" she said showing the dragon the book she had been reading.

The Dragon King, written by Ramona Garner

"Hey wait a minute, this book mentions a dragon just like you, could you actually be the Dragon King?!" Mavis asked growing all excited again, she thought the book was fiction but dragons had existed so she always hoped it wasn't, just like fairies.

"It's a name i haven't used in a while but yes, i am Acnologia the Dragon King!" the dragon roared in pride.

'I knew it!' Mavis though practically beaming in excitement, while Zera shrunk behind her growing more apprehensive.

'Ramona must have put a spell on the book to call me to whoever read it' Acnologia thought analizing the book.

"Please Mr. Acnologia you have to teach me!" Mavis pleaded literally beaming.

"Just Acnologia, and why should i have to teach you?" he asked pearing at the little girl.

"Because there's so much you can teach me! I wanna learn everything!" Mavis said bouncing in excitement.

Acnologia sweatdropped, that didn't really seem like a valid reason for him, what would he get out of it? Yet he found it hard to say no looking at the girls excited eyes.

"Fine" he sighed.

"YES!!!" Mavis cheered bouncing up.

"But first" Acnologia said bringing her mood down in an instant "What?" Mavis asked "What's your name?" he asked, Mavis brightened back up "I'm Mavis, Mavis Vermillion" she introduced.

~~~~~

That was six years ago, since then Mavis had learned many things.

Like Acnologia had been human once, and could freely turn to back to a human form(and that form was quite the hunk)

She learned what Acnologia knew about history, magic and the world but the dragon never taught her his slayer arts.

Mavis had asked once why.