X

The sound of glass breaking is the only audible sound. Mrs. Frost's chin puckers as her lip turn into a frown. Mr. Frost eyes widen for a moment and then he shakes his head wanting to shake away what he is seeing.

"Oliver!" His mother finally manages to say, "This can't be." The sorrow in her voice is heartbreaking that a part of me wants to run to her and tell her that everything is alright but I cannot keep that promise.

"Sorry mother it can and it is. I'm one of them," Oliver looks down at the ground unable to look at his mother it hurts him to see her like this.

"What do you do? Is it fire like her," his father hisses the end and his eyes dart towards me. My eyes narrow at him I can handle his mother his father in the other hand I am not so sure.

He scoffs, "I only wish my powers were as great as Cassie's I can freeze anything with a mere touch and that is about it from what I know."

"Actually you can freeze them from far away as well remember," I add and the relief in his parents washes over their face.

"What," that is all his mother can say she seems lost for words.

"Now it's up to you, what do you want to do? You can kick me out or accept me for what I am but let me make one thing clear." Oliver's father looks over at his son, "Cassie will be treated like anyone else. She can help me with this because I don't want to go through it alone." Both Mr. and Mrs. Frost nod and Oliver physically relaxes this too much to throw at people at once.

"Now for the rest of the school to find out," Alyson sighs.

"What? Why?" Mrs. Frost's eyes widen once again and I swear this woman's eyeballs might just fall out.

"The school is holding a meeting. Like the one, they held for me." I look at Oliver and he gives me an apologetic look.

"We didn't go to that." His father states nonchalantly as if I were to accuse him of holding that meeting.

"Well, I am going. If they want to talk about me might as well hear what they have to say." Oliver throws a glance at Alyson and me.

Alyson nods, "you have us by your side."

"Yes you do," I agree.

"We'll be there," his father walks away as his mother goes to his side.

"Okay this is now out of the way," Oliver sighs. We fall silent when a beep interrupts it.

Alyson pulls out her phone and looks at it as her face lights up, "it's an email."

She says it so happy that Oliver and I give each other a confused glance. A smile spreads across her lip as she waits for our reaction.

"What?" I say finally breaking the tension.

"Oh right I haven't told you," she playfully smacks her head and rolls her eyes. She is a weird one. "I emailed Luxor, the gifted trainer."

"You did," we say in unison.

"Yes, I did." Her fingers click around her screen for a moment and then her face falls. "He thinks I'm lying," she growls at her phone, "he better not think that he can get rid of me that easy," her fingers go into a frenzy on her screen.

"We should back to the school but we should eat before we get there." I nod at him and Alyson is too enthralled with her typing that she nods absentmindedly.

"Oh come on," I guide Alyson back to the car and Oliver decides that he is in the mood for a burger which I do not argue and Alyson is fuming at the non-response from Luxor. "What if he isn't real?" I question Alyson and glance back at her in the back seat.

"Well whether he wants to meet or not I will find him," there is a look of determination in her eyes that let me know that she is being serious and that makes me nervous. She does not seem to be deterred by the fact that this man wants nothing to do with us.

Oliver pulls into a diner just out of town and we get out. He did not want to run into anyone that might know us. The lady in the front is older and she seems glad to have customers until she gets a good eye of us. "Hello, there how can-" she gasps her hand grasping over her chest, "this can't be!" She whispers.

"Are you okay ma'am?" Alyson looks over her with concern.

"Oh yes quite alright. Are y'all together?" I nod at her and her eyes soften when her gaze lands on my eyes.

"We're okay but you seem not so much," Alyson asks.

"Bless ya heart sweetheart," she walks over to me and her fragile arms wrap around me.

"Umm. What's happening?" My hand reaches out to Oliver seeking his help but he looks at me with a small smile on his lips.

"Sweetie I thought that there was no more of ya kind around these woods," I pull away from her and I see that a tear escapes her eye but she quickly wipes it away.

"The Gifted?" I ask her unsure. She nods and wipes at her cheeks quickly as more tears fall down her cheeks.

"I haven't seen any of y'all since little Benjamin Harris disappeared."

"You're not scared of us?" I whisper.

"For heavens no, why would I be? You're kind are the only ones that stand a chance against those demons lurking in the darkness," she whispers as if scared that they might hear her.

"Don't worry we'll be out of your hair before it gets dark," Oliver says and takes a step closer to me standing by my side. Her eyes soften.

She seats us down and brings out our order. We find out that her name is Mrs. Beth and apparently there was other like us that roamed around this neck of the woods. Nobody in the diner seems scared of us at all which was a change.

We tell her about how we found out about our powers and how our family reacted. She seemed hurt about my family shaking her head in disbelief. We explain what we are about to encounter and she seems to sadden by the way that I was treated by the people around me.

Mrs. Beth asks how anyone can be scared of such a pretty girl like me which makes Oliver nod at her statement. She enjoys our company so much that she asks us to come down whenever we like. Our meal is on the house and we thank Mrs. Beth for her hospitality.

Soon we are back on the road back to school and to our surprise, the parking lot is pack with cars and other cars roaming around looking for a place to park.

"This is going to suck," Oliver groans as I scan the area. It appears that everyone and their moms are here.

"Couldn't agree with you more," I sigh.

***

Comment, Vote, and Follow

Follow me on my Social Medias for new covers, music, and ideas or just to chat with yours truly:

Snapchat: judyquinonez

Instagram: j_quinonez91

Tumblr: mywattpadblog91

Twitter: judyquinonez91

Happy Reading my MoonGazers

Much Love,

J_Quinonez91