XXI

"Seriously," Alyson sighs as I sit back down on the loveseat.

Luxor is pacing in front of us as she restrains herself from running into my mother's room and going after the demon.

"I don't know what you two were thinking going up against him."

For her benefit we made Luxor believe that I never faced Roland on my own.

"Nothing happened," Alyson gestures to us as she drops her hands as she sees that Luxor is not paying any attention. Her menacing eyes are on me at the moment.

"Have you told Oliver?" Raising an eyebrow I shrug.

"Not yet," I emphasize on the yet so she gets the clue that I am the one that will be telling him.

"You two will be the death of us," Luxor drops onto the couch and Alyson follows.

"Do you want to meet him?" I ask her.

Luxor's eyes widen for a moment and then with a small nudge from Alyson shrugs.

"I'm going to have to meet him sooner or later."

Roland refuses to look at us. When I went into the room he was sitting in the corner staring at the wall as if he were in some kind of trouble.

I told him that I wanted him to meet Luxor. He hissed. I asked politely and he rolled his eyes.

He was trying my patience. The last time instead of asking I ordered, "Roland, get up and go to the living room."

It was as if it pained him to try to try to disobey me. 

Roland walks behind me refusing to take the lead. A low growl rumbles in his throat when Luxor comes into view.

"Roland," she questions.

"That's him," Alyson beams and makes her way towards him. "How are you feeling? Better?"

Roland snaps his teeth at her making me flinch back and Luxor is on her feet. Alyson stands her ground and grips his arm.

"You pathetic human," he snarls at her.

"He still has the mark," she lifts up his arm and with the gentlest of touch runs her fingers over it. "It appears to have healed some."

"Alyson," Luxor swallows loudly, "mind taking a couple steps away from the demonic demon in front of you."

Roland tilts his head to the side as Alyson frowns.

"Why?"

I move towards Roland and ask him to take a seat. Once again it appears as if he wants to fight it but without uttering a word he sits on the furthest seat from us.

"He is a demon." Luxor hisses at Alyson. "You're a human. Did you not see what he did to Oliver?"

Alyson sighs and looks over at me for some reinforcement. I shrug at her.

"Well," she gestures to herself, "I am fine. He hasn't touched me. Last night I was a mere few inches away from him and he did nothing."

"How can you trust him? He's a monster!"

"He might be a monster to you," Roland's eyes narrow, "but guess what Luxor, not everyone sees him like that. If I would have gone off of what everyone thought I would have stayed away from Cassie. She never asked for this and everyone just assumes that she will hurt them if they get close."

"Alyson," Luxor starts but Alyson puts a hand up.

"I researched their bond. Roland can't hurt me as long as he has that mark and Cassie doesn't ask him too."