V ~Oliver~

"Stay away from me!" Bryan shouts as he runs to the house and out of my sight. What the hell? I walk towards the house as well as people pat me on the back and say things that don't make it to my ears from the bass of the speakers.

"Bryan!" My shouts are futile as he is gone.

"Oliver, what's happening to your eyes?" Alyson, I've known her since elementary school, looks at me. Her eyes narrow and I look at the cup in her hand slowly slip out of her grasp. "They are black," she whispers to me pulling me closer so that I can hear her. "Go see it for yourself," she pushes me in the direction of the bathroom and I run inside.

Slamming the door shut, my hand slowly makes its way to the light switch and the buzzing of the electricity running through the light bulb ricochet through my ears. Black eyes look back at me through the mirror it feels as if someone else's reflection is looking back me. It's me but the eyes are not. My fingertip skims over my eyes in the mirror when in the blink of an eye it frosts over my hand flies away from the mirror.

"Oliver are you okay in there," Alyson knocks on the door hoping that I will open.

"Y-y-yeah," I stammer as I lean in closer to the mirror ice shining back at me. The doorknob starts moving as Alyson tries to get in with two huge steps I shove my shoulder to the door locking it quickly.

"Hey!" I look at the bathroom window and it seems big enough that I can squeeze through, turning the lights off I open up the window the music blasts through covering any noise I am making I pull myself up and lift my legs over the edge I sit on the edge taking a deep breath I have always had this paralyzing fear of heights but at the moment I am not going to let it stop me. I jump letting the air hit me in the face and my feet come to contact with the grass with a soft thump.

I need help! I need her.

My legs have a mind of their own as they start moving without me really thinking about it. I run up the street and keep running as if my life depends on it. I run down streets that I have never taken before but before I can start doubting myself I see the street sign in the corner stating Chester and Haven Drive. I swallow hard and walk down the dark street this is not the best type of neighborhood that Cassie and I are used to.

Why would they let her live here?

A door slamming shut echoes in the quiet street and a dark figure makes it way down the lawn towards the street, who's that?

They start running in the opposite direction when a faint glow emanates out of them, "Cassie?"

The glow grows as I can hear a sob escape her. I run after her but she is so much faster than me. She is making her way down these streets as if it is safe for a girl to be out on their own at this time of night.

Cassie runs into a grassy area and towards a swing set, I stop before reaching the grass. This place looks awfully familiar I look around and the sign states "Sycamore Park" we're close to our neighborhood - well mine neighborhood she must have taken all the unfamiliar back streets to get here.

The lights around the park lit the park enough that you can see around without squinting. I look over at Cassie and she is on the ground on her knees, her hair swaying in the wind, a wind that does not reach me. I walk behind her trying to get to her when a cracking sound makes me freeze in my tracks and she suddenly turns to face me her eyes are not black anymore they are flames of red, orange, and yellow all dancing within her iris. I would have been awestruck if it isn't for the fact that her whole body suddenly engulfs in flames and I trip back as the warmth of the flames engulfs me entirely and the warmth skims my skin.

"Cassie!" I shout out in surprise as her flames grow bigger by the second. The flames were not burning me as I would have expected - they feel warm.

"Oliver?" The flames retreat back to her and now she has the emanating glow and the flames in her eyes are under control as well.

"It's me," I whisper to her.

"What happen to you?" She looks like a small child scared to have a stranger come near them as if she can't protect herself. She slowly stands up staring at me as if unsure of running or staying since she puts her left leg behind her, her foot towards the opposite direction.

"I don't know...I think I'm like you," her eyes soften and she relaxes her body, her stiff shoulders dropping a bit as if a ton of weight vanishes from her shoulders.

"I'm not alone?" It's barely audible whisper that escapes her lips as she stares at my now darken eyes when everyone else's showed fear Cassie showed admiration and understanding. "You don't have to be afraid...it only makes things worse."

"I'm more surprised than scared, to be honest," the rustling of leaves fills in the silence between us when I feel my body start to heat up. Cassie is making her way towards me and even though she is not on fire she emanates heat. I clench my fist and the cracking make our eyes fly towards my hands, the thin layer of ice covers my body and by clenching my fist I crack the ice.

"Y-You," she stops a good yard away from me and shakes her head rubbing her temples, "Your body generates ice..." A weak smile spreads against her lips as she crosses her arms and leans on her foot trying to act casual, "it suits you, Frost!"

"That it does," I smile at her, only I do it with more confidence, which she seems taken back with, "and you Ms. Fierce Fire Tamer." A cold breeze starts rustling the leaves on the tree sending leaves flying towards our direction and Cassie's hair sweeps across her face causing her to blink a couple times. I look around quickly, "it's some weird weather we're having."

"Are you seriously going to talk about the weather when you just found out you can turn things into ice with your mere touch?" She rolls her now black eyes at me, a chuckle rumbles in my chest as I try to hold it back.

"I guess I am, your eyes are back to normal...well back to black I mean."

"Yeah, I know when I am under control they usually go back to black. I've never regained my control back so fast it usually takes me a while to do that." She had it tough and had to do this all on her own. I open my mouth when a rumbling sound occurs. Cassie looks at me with her eyebrows pull together.

"Are you hungry?" She smirks at me. I close my mouth and have an eerie feeling. The wind suddenly stops and the leaves drop dead on the spot. I feel my body stiffen at the suddenness of this.

Cassie freezes as well my gaze goes past her and the lights on the other end of the park start turning off making their way towards us. "What the hell?" Cassie is looking in the other direction past me so I turn and the lights are doing the same thing, slowing darkness makes its way towards us. The rumbling sounds like thunder coming towards us. "What's happening?" My instincts kick in and I pull Cassie behind me, whatever this is it sounds huge.

As the last of the lights turn off the thunderous rumble is overheard. Cassie grips my arm with all her strength. Her shaky breathing is the only thing making the silence bearable. Then a buzzing sounds like a hornet's nest that was just shaken and they are angrily making their way out of their nest and ser on destroying whatever disturbed them.

Then everything stops for a brief moment. Cassie steps away from me and I turn to look at her. In the darkness, I can still see Cassie's eyes burning wild once again when her body starts glowing.

This isn't good.

***

Comment, Vote, and Follow

Follow me on my Social Medias for new covers, music, and ideas or just to chat with yours truly :

Snapchat: judyquinonez

Instagram: j_quinonez91

Tumblr: mywattpadblog91

Twitter: judyquinonez91

Happy Reading my MoonGazers

Much Love,

J_Quinonez91