I

~Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.

If you were to take one look at Haven Drive you would not think that something surreal would be happening at the moment.

Magical.

Supernatural.

These words do not fit well what is happening.

The shortly trimmed lawns and manicured brushes do not scream bizarre. The quaint neighborhood is asleep under the dark sky as the moon beams down giving some light to this dark cruel world. No nocturnal creature dares to step into this street, just like the humans, they know whoever resides here must not be disturbed.

No one wants to be in the crossfire of this being.

All is quiet and peaceful but that is not true for the residents of 5181 Haven Drive. The towns' people of Charles know everything, down to the last shoebox filled with unappropriated pictures hidden behind the darkest corner of your closet. Charles' is a town where if you sneezed the people down the block would know about it. Sounds peachy, doesn't it?

Every house in the block has their curtains pulled closed, every single room filled with absolute darkness. For you see a spirit lives amongst these mere humans and they know not to trust or get close to it.

5181 is completely dark just like the other houses.

Beth Fierce tries her best to blend in with the rest of the townspeople, Cassie makes it impossible.

Unlike the rest of the houses, there is activity stirring within this home.

"Cassie, please!" Beth steps back away from her own daughter.

Her flesh and blood.

Her child.

~Cassie's POV~

The warmth envelopes my entire body as my body shivers in disgust. This is not supposed to happen to me.

There has to be a mistake.

Perhaps I am the mistake.

There is so much happening and all I want it to be is a dream—a dream that I can wake up from.

The darkness is a welcomed sight. My eyelids are shut so tightly that it would probably relieve a headache if I open them but I rather suffer than see what is happening.

"Cassie, stop! For the love of god!" Her broken cries make my chest ache.

The tears run down my cheeks.

I can't.

For the life of me, I don't know how to stop it.

The intensity of the air makes it hard to breathe. I try to calm my breathing.

Temperature is rising.

My breathing is slowing.

This is how drowning must feel like.

Mother should get out of here before I hurt her.

There is a numbing pain that radiates from the pit of my stomach.

"Get out of here," clenching my jaw I keep myself from shouting. Grinding my teeth I breathe through my nose.

I just want it all to stop.

Why can't I make this stop?

There needs to be an end to this.

The heavy footsteps against the wooden floor echoes in my ears and the door slams behind her.