39.

Yep, everything was clarified.

There was no going back, there were no regrets, no corrections or glances over the shoulders, the only thing that was sensed were future decisive confrontations. A rain of curious questions would hit them promptly and they knew it, however, they had no choice but to soak themselves under the drops.

Nick pressed his eyes, trying to convince himself that this moment was unique, unique and eternal, at the same time that the modest kiss he was bestowing became solid. His small lips trembled nervously, without even gaining the ability to move with the ease that so characterized a Casanovas and shyness told his playful tongue that it would be a bad idea if he decided to drain it into the dancer's oral cavity to deepen the kiss. His soft hands were afraid, they were afraid to rise to take the opposite cheeks and perfect the touch, he was afraid to let go of his entwined hand as if it would depend on being the only rope he had to hold on to.

Tony, on the other hand, was not afraid. He went out of his way to reciprocate the kiss, not to abandon his little bear, not to leave him stranded on the height of humiliation even if his heart was pouring into his chest. His lightning heartbeat was the only one he could hear, even above the riot of murmurs that was building up outside his bubble. However, it was inevitable to control the stupor when it crept up his face, inflating him. His hazel eyes were two empty spheres, wide open, and his cheeks a burst of vermilion colors.

The whole house, its members, and even the air itself, were left empty. As if not even the flies wanted to fly around it. The celluloid scene was somewhat self-conscious and intimidating but the couple found in the center of the main room had no intention of stopping until after ten mortifying seconds, corroborating their affair in full view of the public.

After they parted ways, Nick looked for a moment at the face in front of him before taking in the different kinds of glimpses his cohabiting partners were giving them. Most carried the surprise in its entire rise, shocked to see the greatest of the university's womanizers get hooked on a serious relationship, a relationship with another man. Some glances just prying, expectant and blinking but they knew that the news would soon cease to interest them, they knew that at the end of the day, they would end up approving the announced engagement.

Through the gaze of the crowd, three members of the crowd stood out who managed to reduce the nervousness of the environment. Ondreaz was looking at them with a nice smile, proud of his brother, proud that he realized who his soul mate was all this time and still dealt with it. Ryland, who was practically clapping his best friend's cunning fox with his sweet autumn eyes, gave them the same gesture.

And then there was Addison...

She, for her part, did not smile or applaud but one could reflect, through a distant distance from the last row of the layer of people, the happiness sheltered on her make-up countenance. She said wordlessly that she had been waiting for this moment before.

Nick flinched at the overwhelming eyes, wanting to loosen the black-haired boy's grip but, though he tried, he remained reluctant, urging him to remain calm. The chestnut did not open his mouth until after a few seconds of emotional preparation and deciding that no one else would say anything in a long time.

He took a gulp of courage "Mhm... F-first of all, I'd like to clarify something. We're not really dating in the way that everyone imagines." He assured his voice hanging by a thread "But we are on the way to be boyfriends, so..."

The silence became infinite, despite the few seconds that persisted, it seemed eternity.

"Dwarf, don't tell me that you now..." From the crowd, a whisper rose, one quite shocked and trembling that ensured its owner's dilemma: Chase, who ended up completing the sentence "... Are you gay now?"