16.

Pushing the certainty that this would be one of the worst decisions he had ever made into the shadows in the back of his mind, Nick pulled his own backpack in an elusive motion and hugged the thick fabric of it to his chest as he re-routed his shoes with hasty steps to the theater room, where he carried out his university studies.

During his journey, he concentrated his attention on finding an infallible way to kick his own ass with his own foot without defying the laws of physics and his body would be like a quadriplegic patient in revenge for breaking them. He cursed himself internally when concluding that he was not a mad scientist to undergo a long season of research that would serve as necessary ingredients to create a perfect clone of himself and bite his butt.

At least burying his mind in nonsense, he could forget a bit about the fact that there was a pesky insect that was stinging his heels every time he stepped forward, and by insect he was referring to a certain dancer who was unnerving his nerves to the brim everywhere.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to rehearse with him after all, he could show him some of his artistic skills and he could even teach him some point of his theatrical drama and get connected.

Okay, no... it wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be the multiple of a tragedy.

Boarding their destination and opening the big doors, they stumbled upon a small group of three young college girls talking to each other about what appeared to be the stage for performances. Surely perfecting the arguments of their scripts to manage to approve the audition of some play of the semester like the one that Nick had to approve for Monday, it was somewhat strange but in that way the qualifications of the acting career in A&P were added.

The instant the heavy rumble of his backpack crashed the silence of the huge room as he was thrown to the side of his feet, the curious feminine gazes turned in his direction to deal with the reason for their interruption. He did not know them but he managed to clearly recognize one of them who, by linking their eyes, greased her teeth in a glowing open-mouthed smile when she visualized the chestnut crossing the doors.

"Senseiiiii!" She desperately and carelessly leaped each step covered in a dark carpet tablecloth that communicated with the stage platform.

As soon as the chestnut's brain crushed the power button to activate its circuits, he already had the girl's bony complexion attached to his body like an excited monkey. The thunderous magnitude of the squeeze told him that the nuisance was more than pleased to have him appear before her.

"Oh God, no" Nick growled, shaking himself to get rid of the girl but without getting the correct result. "Mia, stop behaving like a lost brat! The people are looking at us."

"The others can kiss my ass!" She whimpered, caring little for the human existences floating in the space. Luckily, the only ones who were watching the embarrassing stage were her friends, or else, the brown-haired boy would have had to pretend to ignore the lightweight annoyance. "I was really worried about you."

Yeah, shit, everyone seemed stubborn to repeat the same thing to him. He was fine, perfectly as if the problems had never been created. The reason? A certain fool with a guardian angel complex descended from heaven to hell to battle his demons, just as he had promised. The humiliation for it was still in his memory, but deep down he knew he had done the right thing, keeping his oath.

The brown-haired guy glanced at the person he was tormenting out of the corner of his eye, not missing the gesture of frustration that his expression conveyed when he became the front row viewer in contemplating the shameless movement of the girl's touch joining the body of his little bear as an octopus, apparently and with the help of the harassment he was giving him, Nick had found the dancer's cold spot inside that layer of fever that gave him a ceiling.