09.

Nick's entire body froze so fast that the chilling current that electrified him tightened his inner muscles, freezing the throbbing of his nerves so that all that retained force was directed toward his heartbeat. His red lamp shook with a monstrous speed that broke the laws of physics, a ray of light that almost broke the armor of his chest.

The only thing that sustained his consciousness was the impact that that simple gesture had cornered him, or otherwise, he would have untied the rope that held him to remain in the world of reality and be lost in endless fantasies.

He couldn't do anything, he was so rigid that all his senses suffered a temporary disconnection but he was also not to blame for that unexpected provocation happening, his brain carelessness allowed Tony to take advantage of the opportunity to take his lips as if it were the most normal thing in the world. He must have paid more attention when climbing the stairs, so he would have stepped aside from the surprise that would catch him.

What the fuck did he mean by that? It was irrational.

He just encouraged the chestnut to flee through the front door.

Tony wrapped an arm around Nick's waist, and thanks to that movement, their bodies pressed gently as the younger's lips were abused. He would lie if he denied the drumming concert that was taking place inside the dancer's chest, at least that way he would know that a kiss was experiencing a powerful rush of emotions in his friend.

Finally.

The truth is that Tony did not want to avoid being swallowed by the impulse that led him to this point, he did it on purpose, and the intentional provocation responded to it. He had it all planned, and as always, he didn't regret having done it. That gesture had cost him the courage to ignore his pride a bit, taking into account that his masculinity would be affected because after all, they were still both men. But what scared all the opposite reasons was that he kept it in his head that everything would be fine, it was the first time that he took such a step.

He wishes it had been the right time, how wrong he was.

He realized that Nick was just standing there, his lips pressed in a straight line, victims of a break-in as his slim body trembled inside that greyish coat that protected him from the cold. The commotion was installed in the chestnut and that was the only sign he saw to indicate that his soul was still alive.

He had only an insignificant paralysis that jammed his train of ideas.

It was pointless, like the kiss the youngest gave his best friend when they were kids. Countless doubts flooded his mind, why on earth did Tony want to bring back those memories he regretted having saved? Couldn't he just forget that the chestnut had ever kissed him so they could both get away from the awkward contacts? He still didn't realize that Nick's feelings were the most hurt?

He was afraid, he was afraid to feel things for his best friend again.

And even if he did not admit it out loud, the only thing that kiss caused was motivating his heart to dive to the bottom and rescue the feelings he had thrown deep in the emotional abyss to avoid continuing to suffer.

Maybe he was being a little dramatic; he wouldn't have won in that stupid little game of who gets a broken heart first if his heart hadn't behaved like a fucking glass vase. Even so, he would not let the black-haired boy untie all those little bits of feelings that he had so much trouble putting together over the years.

He would not destroy him again and to prevent hitting himself with one of his detonators, he pushed Tony away from his body with his hands. The feeling of loneliness formed on his lips as his best friend's mouth came off.