25.

Stretching out his arms, Ryland laid his head on the palms of his hands, leaning on the back of his chair before examining the result of having worked all morning on his laptop through his frame glasses. The long paragraphs of his literature project greeted him as he just sighed in exhaustion and gave them the go-ahead.

He loved the subject with all his might, especially if he wanted to create a personal songbook, which was still a private piece for public view. Maybe he would use the fact that no one dared to take an interest in his projects stuff to finish writing them, someday he would show them to Nick but he doubted it since the boy seemed focused on ordering his life misery that he barely noticed what was happening around it.

Maybe at some point he would find someone who would really appreciate his art.

He took a breath, was tired, his eyes stinging despite the protection they hugged and his muscles stimulated tension due to sitting in the same position for long hours. Just like every longed-for dream, there were also highs and lows to deal with.

And even worse if he was a lazy guy.

"Ryland?"

Lowering his glasses to the middle of his nose, the aforementioned rubbed his exhausted eyes with his knuckles and put them back in place. He blinked a couple of times before meeting the figure of his best friend throwing himself into a nearby oak chair, to one side of where he was settled.

His busy hazel eyes stared at him for a moment before returning to their duties, disinterest embedded in their orbs, as if Nick's mere presence was a responsibility he shouldn't take on.

However, the smile that the chestnut gave him did not stir.

"Are you going to say a word or do I have to bear your pity existence sitting there all day?" He replied absentmindedly, aiming to scare him away with his arrogance as he typed on his laptop, "In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm just too busy enough to fix your screwed up life."

He shrugged innocently "That is not my problem."

"No matter how much I ignore you, you're going to keep bothering me all day, right?" He sighed, defeated; closing the screen of his computer. "I hope that what you have to tell me also benefits me in a certain way because, otherwise, I will not bother myself to take the patience to lock myself in the basement just to get rid of you."

"Do we have a basement?"

The almost blond rolled his eyes at his ignorance "What do you want?"

He shifted uneasily about his post "Uhm, how can I tell you this? It's not about what I want; it's about what I need, uh." He hesitated for a second "I know it's overwhelming to ask you this, considering that I always use your help to solve my personal problems..."

"Let me guess." He massaged the stressed area of ​​his forehead with his fingertips "You want to lose your virginity to Tony but you're afraid it will hurt, what do you need? An ointment, condom, a lubricant? Pain pills?"

"What!?" He screeched in fear. "I wasn't going to talk to you about that, you idiot, I hadn't even thought about the possibility of that happening. Also, I lost my virginity a long time ago."

He shook his head with a smile, his golden curls fluttering at the same time "You are still too young to understand this, bunny, let me explain you: you are no longer a virgin in the way that your little earthworm buddy already enjoyed its pleasure but, at the same time, you're still a virgin because no one has fucked your tiny ass yet."

He looked at him confused "What do you mean by that?"

"That's to say, you lost half of your virginity." He clarified softly "Now do you understand?"