Reverse Psychology

[WOOSEOK X GUANLIN]

"She's just here for a month. Nagpapasama lang naman sya. Sinusulit nya lang yung stay nya dito-"

"So does it mean every stay nya dito you have to go tag along with her para masulit ang stay nya dito?" I cut him off. "Hindi ba nya alam ang salitang 'self-time'? At ilang taon na ba sya para kailanganin pa nya ng kasama sa lahat ng lakad nya, ha? Is she a toddler?"

"You have nothing to be jealous about, Love. You know we're just friends eversince-"

"You aren't just friends, you guys are past lovers for Pete's sake! You ninny!"

I retorted, cutting him off from further deffending her closeness with Xia. We are in the middle of a heated argument.

I was fuming over the fact that her old friend and past lover has came back again and here they are spending alotted time together whilst I was busy with an upcoming art exhibit that I am managing and organizing as part of Art Therapy along with other Psychologists and Therapists.

"Kasal na tayo, why do we have to argu over this as if aagawin nya ako sayo? We're just friends now." He defended.

I scoffed in disbelief

"Yes, we are married at hindi ka nga nya aagawin kaya okay lang sakin na samahan mo sya but all I'm furious about is the respect!"

"What? Ano bang problema mo?" he asked confused. "Kung okay lang pala sayo na samahan ko sya then what are you furious about? What respect?"

I breathed, glaring at him. I wanted to break his neck at the moment. I wanted to start questioning myself. Is it for real that I married this man?

"Why does she always have to ask you to come with her as if you're a free man? You said yourself that you're married so why are you always tagging yourself along with her saying 'yes' to her every invitation and roaming around with her looking like a couple relishing their limited time?"

"In short, you're jealous-"

"I'M NOT!" I screamed in annoyance.

"Then what? Hindi kita maintindihan." he's starting to sound frustrated. "You sound like a jealous wife emphasizing the situation you are annoyed with but then you're telling me you aren't jealous. Then what?"

"How will I be jealous if you're married to me and all I'm asking for is respect!"

I rolled my eyes off him and exhaled. He just stared at me. More confused that before.