Homeless to Homemate (3)

^^ So I'm envisioning Ms Aaliyah Mendes as Jade because I can't see her as anyone else. I'm still figuring out who Amelia can be so if you have suggestions PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Little Do You Know - Alex and Sierra

Waves - Dean Lewis

NEVAEH'S POV

How could I lose control over myself so quickly? How could I be so weak around a practical stranger when I've trained my heart to smile through the pain for the last eight months?

Calm down, Skylar. Easy. Just say you've been stressed out lately.

It's not as if that was a complete lie.

This maths folio is really taking a toll on me.

Realising that I just got caught up in my over-sensitivity and completely disregarded the fact that Beau wasn't at all following me like I thought he was, I turn on my heel to go back to where I came from but bump into a hard surface.

More specifically, a body.

Why can't I pull myself together?

Beau's arms quickly fly out to stabilize me but I doubt I've got anything left to help. I mean, my dignity was left in the living room when unwanted memories began to resurface. What could I possibly have left?

"Are you alright?"

I feel like he's asked that a million times in the past hour. Yet, the answer has never once changed.

Smile, Skylar.

My lips curl up in precision to portray a smile so believable that even I fall for it sometimes. "Yeah, I'm great. Sorry, I'm such a klutz." I laugh nervously, pulling away from his touch that I was enjoying way too much. "So, this is me." I say, gesturing to the room. 

I'm quite proud of my bedroom, considering I designed it myself

My favourite colour is yellow so naturally, I had to spring the pigment in every corner I could reach. It reminds me of the sun and the sand on the beach outside my window – the warmth, the excitement, the light. The feeling that follows yellow is almost always beaming.

My queen-sized bed lays beside the bay window so the sun can start my day rather than a blaring alarm clock. Beside the sitting space are double doors opening to my decked balcony, while across and to my right is my ensuite and walk in wardrobe.