CHAPTER FOURTEEN ━ A PROMISED DATE

Start from the beginning

"Diego, we have a chance to go home and make things right," Five stepped closer. "We are taking it. You can finally take Poet out on a date, think about that."

Diego stayed quiet for a sec before he nodded. "I have to say goodbye to Lila."

"What?" Poet questioned. Five glared at him even harder at hearing her voice.

"Lila doesn't give a shit about you, Diego!" He exclaimed. "She never did. She's one of them. She's a member of the Commission."

"No way," Diego denied. "Not possible."

Poet read his mind and sighed sadly at hearing his thoughts. She was worried for a second, assuming that Diego might've liked another girl. But he was worried since this Lila had told him about what she suffered through as a child and he had viewed her as a friend and had become protective as a brother.

"She was just using you to get to me," Five continued. "You're the Oswald of this story, my friend. The goddamn patsy."

"Five," Poet whispered, shaking her head gently when he looked at her. She mouthed next, "Calm down."

He mouthed back a "fine" while walking away, ignoring Diego's words, "You don't know what you're talk—"

But Poet sighed and rubbed her forehead when Five teleported in front of his brother, pointing at him. "If you don't do this, I'll kill you myself. Got it?" He glanced at Poet and Paris, and the girl read his mind when she heard his words "I won't do that" loud and clear. He was gone in a matter of seconds and Poet stepped closer to her boyfriend.

"Hey," she mumbled. He looked at her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, sighing as he kissed her head. She wrapped her arms around his torso. "You okay?"

"It's just crazy," Diego mumbled. "I saw her as a friend and I trusted her. You know how hard it is for me to trust someone."

"I know, babes," she nodded. "Maybe we'll look for her if you want and you can say goodbye, yeah?"

"No, no, no," the man shook his head. "It's fine, sweets. Go do whatever you're going to do."

"No, you need me right now," Poet looked at him. "I'll go with you to get Klaus."

"What are you even going to do?"

"You know that asshole that kept harassing me?" She asked. "The one Klaus told you about?" Diego nodded and his face hardened. "Well, I'm going to make it seem as though he's being haunted. I know where he lives since he... told me for some reason."

"I wish I could go," Diego mumbled.

"I wish you could, too," Poet smiled. "But you need to get Klaus. I'll see you, okay?"

"I love you."

"Love you, too."

"Be careful, please. Maybe when we go back, you can finally take me on a date."

"I will. I promise."

Poet and Paris stepped away and the boy immediately sped them towards Matthew's house. Poet smiled deviously and Paris chuckled, speeding away to look around the house and stopping in his tracks to give her a thumbs up.