Chapter 25- Friday Night Lights

Friday night games were a town favorite

Friday night games were a town favorite. The stadium was flooded with people every weekend to come see the game.

I rode with Leah and Maylan this time. Tate didn't have a game this weekend since the team they were supposed to be playing had to forfeit, so he joined us.

This made it a whole lot easier to convince Tristan to meet with us too.

We didn't exactly support our own football team since they were a mess of stuck up assholes, but they were good at what they do, and it was fun to watch.

The very first thing that Carson said when he joined the group was, "let's get some nachos up in this bitch."

I couldn't exactly argue with nachos.

We all stood in line together so we could get our own snacks and I got hot chocolate for myself. After we payed, we found a spot with an empty area for all six of us to sit.

When the game started, we were a huddle of obnoxious cheers and pounding feet. Being loud at footballs is what made the entire experience a whole lot more enjoyable.

Even Tristan joined in on the cheering of the game. His first shout surprised me, considering he's never been the loud type, but I just laughed and playfully shoved him.

Carson got so into the game at one point that he knocked my hot chocolate right out my hands.

"Aw man, I owe you another one don't I?" He whined and I held my hand out expectantly, waiting for money.

"I'll go with you." He grumbled and took out his cash from his pocket.

The cheers of the audience stole away his attention once again as we almost left together, so I grabbed the cash out from his grip and went off myself.

Since the game had started, the lines were a lot shorter at the concession stand and I was grateful.

"Can I get a hot chocolate?" I asked, placing the money on the counter.

The worker quickly filled a styrofoam cup filled with fresh steamy heaven and I smiled at her before I turned to go back to my seat.

And I almost lost another cup of hot chocolate, all because some dude was standing directly in my way.

I looked up from my cup to say something and stopped dead in tracks.

This man looked a little older, maybe late 20's or early 30's. He had dark brown hair and even darker eyes. His face was one of those manipulative faces, the kind that looked like they can be sweet, but you knew they weren't.

And I had seen this face before.

It was Lachlan. The man who Tristan told me about from the diner.

He looked at me and confusion sparked in his gaze, "don't I know you?" He asked.

"I don't think so." And I mentally pat myself on the back for sounding so convincing.