Chapter 20- Angrily Confused

This is a newly added chapter as of August 27th, 2021.

The late bell rang and I was still in the hallways stuffing my books into my bag

The late bell rang and I was still in the hallways stuffing my books into my bag. I was just thankful this was fifth period, the first class after lunch, and Mr. Pin-Head wasn't my teacher.

Imagine me receiving another detention after just completing a months worth of it. I was grateful that Mrs. Fletcher was a chill teacher.

I filled my thoughts with homework assignments and teachers that I liked instead of what was really trying to flood my mind.

Seeing Tristan this morning simply walking the halls wasn't easy on me, but it was something I just had to get used to. I would be fine without him. I did it before, I could do it again.

I took a deep breath before zipping my bag up and finally shutting my locker... only to find Walter waiting on the other side.

I greeted his slimy smirk with a blank expression as I adjusted my bag on my shoulder. He just stared back.

"Great talk, Walt," I said as I turned on my heels to walk to my class. His footsteps followed close behind.

"Do you feel lonely, Adelaide?"

"Don't know what you mean," I responded without looking back.

"I notice things you know. Like how quickly you and your boy Tristan got so close. How you two have spent a lot of time together. So, I mean it's weird, right? Now all of the sudden he's nowhere around?"

"Sure Walter, very weird. Maybe you can go and have a chat with him about it. I have to get to Chemistry." I picked up my pace a little and began to walk up the stairs. I was hoping this is where Walter would go his separate way, but his footsteps still followed.

He took two steps at a time, quickly bouncing ahead of me, and turned to stand right in my way. Being two steps higher up the stairs, he was abnormally taller.

"I don't want to talk to him, I want to talk to you."

"That's unfortunate. I'm still late." I walked around him and climbed the rest of the steps until I made it to the landing.

That's when he grabbed me by the arm and spun me around. "Why would you want to go to Chemistry when we have that all right here?"

"Walter, I don't want to talk to you and I don't want you touching me. Leave me alone." I pushed my hands into his chest, sending him back a few steps. However, he latched onto my arms and took me back those few steps with him until I was pulled into his chest.

"No no no, because I want to know what it was Adelaide. What is it that makes that son of a bitch so special to you when I've been nothing but nice and all I get in return is your fucking attitude."

"Stop acting like I owe you something Walter, you're not entitled to shit. Get off of me." He adjusted his hold on my arms as I tried to pull from his grip.