Chapter Ten: After That

= A S T R I D =

"So, what happened to the date?" Ruffnut suddenly asked as I opened the wooden door from my house to go training. I yelped by her voice and by her sudden appearance. She chuckled. "Relax, I'm not a threat," she assured. "I'm Ruffnut Thorston."

I nod as an reply. "'Fearless' Astrid Hofferson," I introduced myself. I took my axe from the back of the door and stepped out of the house to find the Ruffnut girl following me.

"I see you've already got a title. Impressive," she stated, walking by my side and into the forest. "How was it?"

I stopped, just on the verge on the forest. "How was what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She stopped also. "How was the date?" she repeated, crossing her arms.

"It's not a date," I scoffed. "We just went out on dinner. And how did you know about this?"

A girl then walked up to us and I saw Ruffnut tense. I was curious by this as she joined us. "Are you Gastrid?" the stranger asked, turning to me.

"It's Astrid," I corrected.

She nodded. "I'm Mista. But I'm sure you've probably heard of me and no, you can't touch me. This body is pure delicacy," she stated with a sly smirk.

On the corner of my eye, I saw Ruffnut pretend gagging. I nearly bursted out from her reaction. "Wasn't going to," I muttered to myself, not believing the girl's ego. She kind of reminded me of the jerk I'm dating.

The cameral head girl just scoffed and walked closer to me. She was only an inch taller as her shadow part overloomed me. Her hazel brown eyes was dark on my mind. "Back off from him or you're going to get shunned," she commanded. She then pulled back with an annoying smile that I wished I could just smack it off her.

Shun? That's all she can do? She can make people shun me? Ignore me for the rest of my life?

That's pathetic.

"Hey girls, what's going on here?" a sudden all too familair voice asked. I saw Mista step back to me, turning her back to where the voice came from and put something into her lips. Oh my Thor! Why would she do that?! It might be poisonous!

She turned back as Ruffnut and I whipped our heads to the owner of the voice. "Oh, hi there Hiccup...my really good friend," Mista greeted flirtily. She walked over to him and touched his chest with one hand and one on his shoulder. "Are you here to see me?"

I hear Ruffnut practically choking myself. I turned my head to her and nearly laughed at the sight. "I'm dying," she coughed, making gagging noise.

Mista ignored this. We three girls then all saw the red flower (which I think it's called a rose) on Hiccup's hand. Mista gasped. "Is that for me?" she asked, letting go her hand from his chest and covered her mouth like she just killed her own mother. "You shouldn't have!"

"I didn't," Hiccup spoke, shaking his head. He let go of his grip and suddenly came walking up to me. Oh no...he's not going to... "This is for you, Astrid," I saw him smile. "I, uhh, had a great time last night and this is, I think, is a way to repay you that."

I bit my lip to stop myseld from smiling wide (because I have never done that before) and from blushing (which I have, also, never done that). "Thanks, that's...that's really thoughtful of you," I stated, taking the rose when he handed me.

He nodded as an answer as I heard Ruffnut squeal a bit. "That's so sweet," she complimented.

Hiccup chuckled. "I guess I'll see you guys later," he bid the two. He then turned back to me. "And I'll see you at lessons later."

Oh! I forgot! Hiccup and his friends and are going to teach me about dragon training in private. I totally forgot...

"Don't think you're special to him," Mista suddenly interrupted my thoughts. Her arms were crossed as she walked over to me, her shadow, once again, overlooming me. "I had a whole full of barrels with roses inside it when we dated."

"Oh yeah? Prove it," Ruffnut challenged.

I saw her become tense and stepped back a bit. "I-I can't," she shook her head. "It died."

I scoffed at her excuse. I was right. She is pathetic. "All of the roses he gave you?" I asked. "All of them?"

She uncrossed her arms and placed one hand on her hip. "Well, they die rather fast," she stated. Yeah, as if. "Whatever. But you're not going to be special to him. Never, because I am."

I stepped towards her close. "If you're special to him, why aren't you dating him now instead of me?" I challenged her now.

There was no answer for the past minute. I was guessing that she didn't have an answer but instead she clearly informed, "You won't last a month with him. Actually, I bet you, you won't last a week with him. And remember, I lasted two months with him." And with that, she left off. I didn't even bother to go after her and bash her up. And that takes a lot of self control from me.

Let's just hope I have enough self control with the other shit she throws at me.

•••

"Where's everyone?" I asked as I entered the academy with Stormfly besides me. "I thought your friends are here also."

Hiccup and Toothless looked up to see me. "They backed out...for some reason," he stated in a rather shaky voice. Is there something he's not telling me? He rubbed the back of his neck. "So, let's get started!"

And with that, he taught various of things about dragons but not about their skills and their deadly things. He talked about how you can train them or just make them feel calm down. I got to admit...he was pretty fun at these stuff and it looked like he learned about dragons so much than everybody else.

After the day, we ended just before dawn breaks. I headed up to the room I currently sleep in after I headed to the Hall to eat dinner. I noticed the rose was still on my compartment, so I took it out and placed it at the desk besides my desk. I smiled at the thought that he gave them to me. To me.

••••••••

Wazzzup everyone!

Looks like Hiccup's becoming adorbs! ^.^

Warning: As Hiccup and Astrid are dating, there are going to be major feels since, you know, datiiinngg!

And maybe unto boyfriend and girlfriend ;) you might never know...

Anyways, hope you like it!

This is xxwhoareyouoo and I'm going to...

Peace out!

But...The Night Is Young!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें