Chapter Fourteen: Soft Talk

Come on, Hiccup! You can do this! Just man up!

Sighing for the nth time tonight, I was unsure about going to a crying Astrid and try to comfort her. And with the word try, as in mean, try. I had never comforted a girl before, especially not my...girlfriend. Wow, hearing that in my head of her being my girlfriend sounded right. Good right...

Manning up, I clasped my fingers together and went back up the stairs I've been walking back and forth for the past minutes. I saw her tears all dried up in her cheeks and I know that this might be a bit hard: comforting a top shield maiden in the whole archipelago. I made my way quietly and sat down besides her. She didn't bothered saying, "Go away" or "Leave me alone." Instead, she let me sit down besides her. 

"I guess today is Confession Day, huh?" I asked, looking up at the starry night. Confession Day?! Way to start up the conversation fishbone!

She snorted a chuckle and I glanced up at her before turning to the fire. "Confession and Sad Day," she added, twirling her hair and sighed. "This is the first time I've felt something on my heart that is tearing apart. It hurts..."

I sighed also, knowing what she's feeling now. "Get what you mean," I stated softly, biting my lip. I looked over at her and met her beautiful blue eyes with my own. "I know the feeling."

She was looking at me intently, probably looking deep into my eyes to try to see if I'm lying but she stopped looking when she found her answer. She turned back to the fire. "How?" she asked. "How can be the player of the archipelago have a broken heart?" She turned back to me for an answer.

It was my turn to turn back into the fire, not wanting to tell the story of my little collapsion. It was stupid anyway. The way I thought I had found her to simply realise she was fake. "I don't want to talk about it," I shrugged it off, shaking my head. 

"Why?" she asked instantly. "Why no-"

"Just...no," I quickly interrupted her, glancing back at her. She clamped mouth shut and nodded, looking down at the ground. "Sorry, I'm just not ready to tell."

"I see," she said quietly, biting her lip. I scoot closer to her and entwine my hand with hers. I can feel her glance on me as I looked up at the starry night again. 

"It's a nice night tonight," I stated with a soft smile. "Do you know the best way to turn that frown upside down?" I looked back to her with a confused face but I was smiling wide. 

***

She screamed, I laughed.

She looked surprised, I smiled like an idiot.

She clung to me, I raised both of my arms way up high.

"Hiccup, get me down from here!" she screamed as we went around in circles. It was getting a bit dizzy but you kind of get used to it. "HICCUP!"

"Not until you stop screaming," I shouted through her screaming so she can hear. 

She clung to me more. "I'll stop screaming if you stop your dragon to going in circles!" she exclaimed and buried her head into my shoulder. 

I laughed. "Your choice!" I exclaimed back. After a few circles, she stopped screaming and I let Toothless glide. I felt her head rise up from my shoulder and look up. I looked back at her to see her smiling softly. She looked much better compared minutes before when she was crying. Eske's right. She has changed. A good change. 

We made eye contact when she looked back at me. I turned my whole body to her and she smiled which made me smile wide as hers. One thing: her smile is contagious. Our eyes went deep into each other, unlocking emotions that we could see through each other. We never broke the gaze as we leaned close and closed our eyes. 

Our foreheads touch and our lips were millimeters apart. "I don't want to move too fast," I heard her whisper but we already leaned in and our lips touched. Sparks were created throughout our lips as we move our lips simultaneously. 

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my lap. I felt her arms wrapped around my neck and we kissed depeer. I then realised I was kissing her. As in Fearless Astrid Hofferson. I pulled back, breathlessly and opening my eyes slowly to see her surprised also.

I was about to say something when Toothless screeched something, warning us something. I was about to reply something when we all dove first into a cold, freezing pond.

........

UPDATED!! :3

And Hiccstrid kiss!!! YAAY!! XD

I think...

Anyways, it has been a while since I've updated but now it's my term break which meant there's going to be daily updates..kind of. Kind of because I have homework during holidays.

WHY IS THAT A THING?!

Practically :/ why?...

Anways, hope you like it!

This is xxwhoareyouoo and I'm going to...

Peace out!