Scene 35- Changing The Perspective

Start from the beginning

My brother and I stand in the kitchen, preparing something to eat for the three of us. He is still unable to believe what Anne told me, before she finally was too exhausted to keep her eyes open any longer.

"That means that there is a chance they are after her now?," Fred asks turning to me.

"Yes. At least I highly believe so."

"She didn't realize that there might something be up with her Dad when another Dude plays him?"

"Well, she said that he behaved differently, but she thought that was just an aftermath from his memory loss and his drinking," I put the plates out.

"Why would they go after them? What do they know that can be useful?"

"What do you mean Fred?"

"What I mean is, that if someone has something useful to provide, you'd do everything to get that information. Especially when said information can be threatening and useful."

I think about it. My brother might be right. They have to know something. Something that could put us all in danger.

"I'll go and look after her," I say before leaving the kitchen and going to our room, silently opening the door.

It cracks a bit and immediately Anne sits upright looking at me. She lets out a breath upon seeing me.

"How late is it?," she asks, looking around the room.

"Around seven, you slept for some time. Are you feeling a bit better?"

"Not really."

I sigh and sit down next to her.

"Do you have any idea why they did what they did?"

She shakes her head: "I'm sorry."

"Did your Dad ever mention anything, some information that might be useful? Maybe that is also the exact same reason Umbridge wanted something from you?"

She shakes her head again: "Sorry, I didn't know it then and don't know it now. Maybe he once said something a few years ago, but I can't remember anyways. Some days are just blank.  Anything could have happened there."

Anne told me about the time when she was so unhappy she couldn't even remember what she did for days. It is unbelievable for me, to not be able to remember that you visited something, but just as forgetting what you did the whole day, you could easily forget information your Dad told you in secret.

That means we have nothing to get on with that. Nothing.

"It's okay. Do you want to eat something?"

The girl shakes her head again: "Thank you though."

I just squeeze her arm sympathetically before I leave the room. This will need some time.

---

I was right. It took days to get her out of her improvised bed that we call our sofa and it was quite frustrating, to see her slipping away further and further without being able to reach out to her. But I gave her time to grief. Sooner or later she will regain herself. At least I hope so.

The first steps were done when she helped us make breakfast and dinner. When she joined us regularly to eat and when she finally argued with Fred again. I felt relieved that she didn't slipped back into a dark cloud. I have no idea what motivated her to keep pushing, but in the end I'm glad something existed, because I didn't know what to do anymore.

You can see that what happened was still on her mind, but she did try to regain a new routine. She wasn't able to go back to Hogwarts anymore and I wouldn't want her to go there. It is the best if she stays somewhere with someone who cares about her.