Scene 65- Making Decisions

*Anne's Pov*

I face a problem. More than one actually. I thought it was bad being locked up at the Weasley household and being only able to leave the house once every two weeks for Logan and Cole. Now I realize how wrong I have been. It is even worse being locked up at Aunt Muriel's and trying to get out of her way. Let me tell you, that woman is nosy. No matter where you are in her home, she will find you and will ask what you are up to.

Just like now. I recently came back from Logan and Cole, bringing them their supply of food and checking up on them, and I am now standing in her kitchen over her cauldron. I got myself ingredients for my birth control potion which is running very low at this point and just wanted to chop them up real quick and boil the potion, so nobody sees anything and everything is good.

Except that Muriel is now beside me and eying curiously what I am doing giving me almost a heart attack. For an old lady she is pretty fast.

"For Merlin's sake", I hold a hand over my chest starring at the herbs on the wooden board in front of me.

"What do you think you are doing?" She walks behind me to the other side of the table, her eyes never once leaving the cauldron.

"I just need to brew a potion. Won't take long, I will clean up. Don't worry." I try to shield as many ingredients with my hands as possible from her prying eyes.

"Who said that I am allowing you to brew a potion? In my cauldron? In my kitchen?"

"It will take fifteen minutes and I will clean everything up. It's not like I am stealing anything. I bought all ingredients and-"

"Back away from my stuff. You", she comes closer to me, her finger is piercing against my chest: "are not allowed to touch anything in my house. Bad enough that I have to tolerate the boys and you here, but don't you dare use anything from me ever again."

I am a bit flabbergasted. She can't be serious right now, can she?

"So what if I bring my own cauldron, would that be okay then?", I look at her annoyed.

"You are a little brat. I said no. Now out of my kitchen."

"Anywhere else I am allowed to go, since this is your house? Am I even able to breathe the same air as you? Is it okay that I speak the same language? If you are even able to understand myself."

I am greeted with a shocked face and the knowledge I massively fucked up. But I don't care, I have enough of being treated like that.

"Oh if I could, I would throw you out this instant, but I have vowed to Molly and Arthur to take you all in. You better watch out for yourself and now take this rubbish with you and leave. You will not brew one potion in here." She makes a swift motion with her wand and the cauldron with all my bought stuff disappears.

"That was my-", I try to resonate with her, but it is useless. She has chosen her way.

Angrily I go back to the bedroom. I could scream and kick something. I am not even ten minutes here and already want to leave again. How much I hate it. Why does there have to be a war going on? Why does the world have to be as it is right now? How much worse will it be? And everyone is relying on Potter as if he isn't just a child.

I get it, he is a great wizard and some sort of prophecy and all that, but I can't feel calm knowing the fate of our world lies on the shoulders of a seventeen-year-old and his friends. Were, by the way, no one knows what they are up to or where they are. Not even the twins and Lee and they know a lot. I look at the old radio in the room and walk over to it. I give it a tap with my wand and mumble the codeword. I am immediately greeted with George's familiar voice.

They currently have another episode and they are really out there getting themselves into more danger than before. It freaks me out to get into the muggle world for food. I couldn't imagine doing something like that as they do. Besides the ministry is losing their mind and the new laws aren't looking good. All muggle-born have to face a trial and I swear to Salazar that it won't be a fair trial. The missing list grows longer and we haven't heard from Ginny in a while yet.

Molly is knitting like a maniac and is counting the minutes until Arthur comes home. We all are scared to hear a familiar name in the podcast and we are clueless as to how we can stop all of this. Step by step. I know. But if you see the whole of it, it is a lot.

But all wars got conquered. All wars stopped eventually. All wars came to an end. It takes losses for it to get better and we need to have a clear vision in what we want to accomplish, just then we will find a way.

My eyes wander to the book. I take it into my hands again. Maybe I have to read it backwards?

---

"Revelio", Lee says. Nothing happens.

"I already tried that one", Fred mumbles, eying the book closely again.

"What about a shape changing charm? Let's transform it into a rat?", Lee takes the book from Fred.

"Not a rat please. We had enough of them in our lives," says George writing down new paragraphs for their new podcast.

"Transforming doesn't bring anything. I tried it already. And yes I already tried to hex it and to set it on fire, then I played with water. Nothing," I say.

"This book is cursed", Lee flops onto the bed. "I have no clue what to do with it."

"It has to mean something though." I point out again.

"Then please enlighten us what it shall mean?" Fred groans and wanders around the room.

"If I would know, I wouldn't need your help."

"You need our help nonetheless. Since you angered our aunt you are a living target in here."

"Not my fault she is an old bitter lady. There is a reason she lived alone that long."

Lee starts to laugh and then there is a knock on the door. Mrs. Weasley is looking at us.

"We need to go to the order meeting now. Are you ready?"

"Yes Mum, coming." George stands up and places his quills and parchments into his pockets.

I watch them. A question burning on my lips. I need to get it out.

"Can I come with you?"

George turns around. "Are you sure?"

"I mean, I am as much as involved into the topics as someone can be. I might as well join the order on that way."

"Dear I don't know if that is a good idea," Molly starts.

"I know it is unusual. I could have joined way sooner. But now I want to. Let me please come with you. I can help."

"You can't even figure out what that book means", says Fred.

"I am trying my best okay?"

"If you want to come and be a member then I can't stop you," says George moving up to me: "But you have to realize how much of a responsibility that is."

"I know and I want to take it. I want to come with you."

"Alright," he takes my hand in his and presses it firmly.

"Hurry now," Molly says, ushering us out of the room.

"Are you sure you aren't just joining, because you don't want to be alone with Muriel?", Lee whispers to me.