Scene 10- Thank you

*Anne's Prov*

"...Four of them and I hexed all of them, but I didn't see the fifth!" 

"Sure Dad," I nod sarcastically. 

"So they didn't tell you what was going on?," my Dad asks while purring himself some fire whiskey into a dirty glass. 

I shake my head: "No, at some point I stopped asking." 

He downs it. "Idiots, just some fucking idiots," he wipes his mouth: "Leaving you in the dark all along. You looked after the pub in the meantime?" 

"Someone had to do it. I had company for some time, Caleb decided to come here," I sit on the chair and put my feet up.

"And David didn't tell you?," David is Caleb's Dad. 

"Did he know?," I bite on my nails. 

"Sure he did. That bastard came around to visit me." 

So Caleb had to know it too. Great. Just fucking great. Dad pours another whiskey in his glass. 

"I could have handled it, Dad." 

"I know. You are my girl, something like that is nothing to you. Believing that you would freak out, doesn't want to scare you, has a lot to do," he keeps on mumbling, looking a bit feral. 

I look at my nails.

"Thinking it's better that way...,"he downs his glass. "Anne?" 

I look up: "Yes Dad?" 

"Now you know what has happened and I don't want you to worry about it. You will go back to Hogwarts after the holidays and focus on your studying. You can make it big and I love you, now go clean the rooms upstairs before this affection could fade." 

It's the first time I hear him saying that. I stand up with a small smile and walk upstairs.

However, my smile fades as soon as my mind starts to comprehend stuff. Why didn't Caleb say anything to me? He knew all along, he saw how I desperately I tried to find out what is going on, yet didn't say a word. That isn't the only thing that worries me. Why didn't the hospital tell me? It's their duty to tell me what is going on, especially if I'm the only family member left, unless there is more of what I don't know about. 

And why is Dad drinking again?

---

*George's Prov*

Our time at Grimmauld place is almost over. We had a lot of fun, Fred and I got a lot of tips. Mum didn't seem happy about it, she just need to wait until she sees what we achieved. We will completely make her proud. After all we do this last school year just for her. I don't need my N.E.W.T and neither does Fred.

It's been some time since I sent the letter to Anne. After I found her Dad and tried to talk with him, he seemed out of his mind. He didn't recognize me, he started to scream. Poor man. The nurse brought me out of his room and told me that he isn't in a good condition, but they are positive that he could leave soon. That's when I found out that he was an angry unknowingly man who was a problem for some people. I wonder why they attacked him in first place?

I haven't got a letter back. What do I expect? A love letter how much she cares for me? Wake up George, that's not gonna happen. I run a hand through my hair and walk through the corridors to the bathroom. We are currently working on a new product, that's why I search for hidden, very useful objects in this house. 

I look through the cupboards and closets when a nasty little beast jumps at me and bites in my arm. The more I try to get rid of it, the deeper gets its bite. Now my arm gets red. I grab my wand and hex it. The beast let go of me and falls onto the ground. My arm is swollen and red, a bit of blood can be seen. I take a deep breath and pick this beast up and put it in my bag. Carefully I let water run over my arm.