Operation 0-1: The Savior

En başından başla

Tempest sighs and starts walking towards the halls, with Blaze at his side.

"...are you seriously going to follow me wherever I go?" He exasperated. "I know how to limit myself you know."

"Sorry Tempest, doctors orders." She puffs. "And also to make sure the other female operators won't get the jump on you." Blaze playfully adds.

"Right.." He dismisses.

"You won't be getting rid of me that easily~ Especially since we've worked together for three years now." She reminisces as she skips ahead of him. "Yet you never called me senpai, even once." She pouts.

"You may have more experience than me, but skill makes up for it."  He sways his sword. 

"Mou!" She huffs.

Tempest chuckles as Blaze punches his arm in irritation.

"Anyway, where are we going actually? This path leads to the upper deck." Blaze asks him.

"Precisely, I need to cool off. With you and your arts around, i'd be sweating profusely." He smirks as her.

"...you're a brute." She looks at him with scorn.

"I am, a brute whom you gave your heart to." He adds as they reach the upper deck that oversees the outside scenery. Although Blaze was blushing madly over his comment.

Tempest leans on a railing as he sees the nomadic city of Chernobog in the horizon. Various memories flood his mind, mostly of his exploits in saving a bunch of ragged infected crawling in the streets due to the horrid treatment of the Ursus government.

He clenches his fist on the bar, thinking that he could've done more to save them.

"Something on your mind?" Blaze interrupts his thoughts. 

He looks to his left to see her looking at him with worry.

"Yeah, just thinking that I could've done more." He sighs.

"Again with that negativity, you've done the most good here Tempest. Hundreds of infected lives are saved because of you." She pats his back.

"But there are still more out there, suffering, waiting for a miracle. And I'm standing here not being able to reach out to them."

"Tempest, not-"

"Not all people can be saved, I know." He replies in grim. "Again and again, that sentence still stings me hard. I'm not a naive guy Blaze, I know that what I can do is limited. And it's better than being unable to do anything."

"That's why we joined Rhodes Island." She puts her hand over his. "Because we know that there is still hope for the infected. There may not be a cure for the Oripathy, but every progress we make is another step in achieving our goal."

Blaze took his hand and and assures him, Tempest could only widen his eyes as he then smiles over his partner's compassion.

"..Thanks Blaze.." He said in gratitude.

"Looks like you owe me now for cheering you up." She grins at him as Tempest chuckles.

"Alright fine, name it." He lends an ear.

"One crazy night~" She said suggestively. "And I want it now." She then brushed her hand across his chest and slid it down.

"Are you sure about that?" Tempest sweats while looking at a heated Blaze.

"One hundred percent sure." She closed the distance between them as she smashed her lips on his.

It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. Tempest had his hand rested behind Blazes head, his thumb caressing her rosy cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.