Chapter 23

Cheyenne twirled in the halls as she hummed a song. The Maid from before smacked her lips and walked away from her.

Cheyenne looked to the doors before her and froze.

'Oh shit! I think she's in a meeting or somethin'...' Phipps had told her not to disrupt while they were all in there. She slowly backed away from the door and went to le---

Maids

Assholes, am I right?

The girl flew to the door with a bang and then to the floor. The Maid behind her smirked but quickly ran away at the sound of the door opening. Grey glared down at the girl as she layed there "Hmpf. It's just this one" He folded his arms as Cheyene stood back up.

She glared back at him and lowered her voice "Boy, you ain't think to help me?" Grey looked away and she furrowed her brows tighter.

"Y-You!"

She looked to front, or center, to see Ciel staring at her in suprise while his Butler held the same expression as he stood at the wall. Cheyenne narrowed her eyes at him and looked back to the Queen "My bad, I slipped" She pat her modern clothes and went to the door.

"Cheyenne. Stay here"

She turned around to see the Queen send her a saddened look. She looked back to the blunette "You've seen the pictures, I'm sure you're wondering the same thing I am" Ciel turned to the girl as she stepped over to him, but strayed away. "...What is your favorite animal?" The girl only stared at the ground with a bored expression. The Queen looked at the two in confusion. Grey 'pfft' "Here, I'll ask her. Cheyenne" The brown skinned girl immediately looked his way "Favorite animal?" The girl smiled

"Wolves, of course"

Victoria looked to the blunette "Look at her eyes.." The two faced each other. Ciel analyzed both of her mysterious, brown orbs.

"Actually, I have a feeling this person is after her. I want her to be safe, and as my loyal Dog, I hope you can fulfill that task" Ciel glanced the short girl's way. He closed his eyes and bowed on his knee.

"I will do whatever I can to protect her, Your Majesty"

Cheyenne stared at him in wonder. Ciel saying he would protect her was weird. "Whoa. I've got my own little protector" Grey sent her an appalled look while she laughed. He looked to the Queen, flabbergasted "I thought Phipps and I were assigned to do that!?"

The Queen nodded "Yes, you we're. I'm putting her in his eyes, or eye, for the time being. Only until this is solved" She looked away form the upset albino to Ciel "What will be your plan, my Dog?" Ciel faced Cheyenne's way.

"She will be coming to my Manor"