2.

An hour later.

At the enrollment facility.

"O'Connell, Michael. Kaminsky, Henry." The 4F doctor calls "Boy, a lot of guys getting killed over there." Steve says, reading the newspaper in his grasp with a low blow of wind coming out of his mouth.

"Rogers, Steven." The 4F doctor calls

Steve puts down the newspaper he is reading "It kind of makes you think twice about enlisting, huh?" The enlistment guy asks, eyeing him up and down with a judgemental sneer.

"Nope." Steve says

....

Steve is standing half-naked in front of the doctor to examine him for enlistment.

"Rogers. What did your father die of?" The 4F doctor asks "Mustard gas. He was in the hundred and seventh infantry. I was hoping I could be assigned..." Steve asks

"Your mother?" The 4F doctor asked, interrupting whatever he had to say. "She was a nurse in a TB ward. Got hit, couldn't shake it." Steve says, a little somber.

The doctor looks at Steve's file which shows he has a long list of health issues.

"Sorry, son." The 4F doctor says "Look, just give me a chance." Steve asks

"You'd be ineligible on your asthma alone." 4F doctor says "Is there anything you can do?" Steve asks, practically begging.

"I'm doing it. I'm saving your life." The 4F doctor says

He stamps the card 4F.

Steve sighs and walks out of the room. Steve pauses when he spots Freya, she is signing a few papers.

Steve puffs up his chest and decides to ask her out, hopefully, she's nice enough to not embarrass him.

Yeah, she may seem cold but Steve likes her.

Freya looks up when she spots Steve walk up to her, she lifts an eyebrow.

Suddenly his confidence deflates as he stands right before her. Steve's face was completely red.

"How did it go." Freya ask

Steve rubs the back of his neck. "Rejected. I guess asthma can do that to you." Steve says "Yeah." Freya says softly.

"So....I was hoping that maybe.....we can go out and do something....like a date something" Steve says, he was incredibly awkward.

Freya tilts her head, she is curious. This human wasn't scared of her like the others, maybe nervous and a bit freaked out but not scared.

Men usually find her too intimidating to ask out. Freya considers her answer and decides rather quickly.

"I'd like that. I have tickets to the Starks expo, I'll meet you there." Freya says

Steve's eyes widen, he didn't expect her to say yes. "Yeah yeah, I'll meet you there." Steve says, he was practically glowing with excitement.

Freya nods and watches as he stiffly walks away. Steve was too shocked to comprehend what just happened.

No woman wanted to even look at him or talk to him, so this was a big deal for him.

....

Later.

Steve is at the movie theater. His thoughts of Freya. He was giddy. A gorgeous woman said yes to him.

A smile spreads on his lips.

Freya was beautiful, her blue eyes were bright and intimidating but he couldn't help but get lost in them. She was taller than him but he didn't care, she didn't seem to even care, because she said yes.