Chapter 12

"w-what...?" 

Snapping their heads to the new voice both Shinso and Todorki looked at the kitchen doorway. Before either could talk Izuku was already on his way to the elevator.  Back towards them, walking fast, and trying to keep down sobs while repeatedly pressed the button to his floor. 

"Sorry to interrupt you're... discussion. I just wanted to see who else was up. Bye! Sorry again!" He called in the cheeriest and most nonchalant voice he could muster in his condition. Once the elevator doors closed the tears fell like a waterfall. 

He didn't make a sound thought. That was for once he got to his room. It was at the end of the hall and most student that were still awake will just assume he is having a mental breakdown and not bother checking on him. (Very relatable) 

Shinso was just shocked. For two reasons actually, so he didn't exactly know what to say. 

After about ten seconds Shinso slowly turned his head to Todoroki. The dual haired boy was looking at him too. They held eye contact before five seconds before Hitoshi fully turned to him, arms behind his back awkwardly as he avoided any form of eye contact. 

"I-I'm sorry Todoroki-" "Please call me Shoto." "Uh... Shoto but I don't feel the same. D-don't get me wrong! You're a nice guy and all but I already have feelings for someone else..." Slowly nodding Todoroki walked up to Shinso. 

Lifting his chin with his fingers so they could make eye contact Shoto looked Hitoshi dead in the eyes. 

"Make sure that you treat Midoriya well. He is quite strange and reserved but the two of you will do well together." With those as his final words, Shoto made his way back to his room quietly. 

Shocked at the statement Hitoshi remembered the look of utter hurt and disappointment in the greenette's big round eyes. 

Running up the stairs Hitoshi booked it straight to Izuku's room. Once he arrived he could hear the sound of faint and muffled sobbing coming from inside the room. It broke his heart, it was a sound he never wanted to hear. 

Knocking on the door quietly Hitoshi leaned his forehead against the door, heaving a sigh when he got no response. 

"Midoriya, please. Let me in, we can talk about this." 

Silence. 

"Izuku, I'm begging you here just let me in." 

Slight shuffling but no response. The sobs had died down as well. Izuku was leaning his back against the door. Arms wrapped around his knees and his head laying in between his crossed arms. 

Silent tears running down his face while he stared into the darkness that had enveloped his room. Without realizing he was listening to the heaving breathing of the other through the door. It was quiet but so was everywhere else in the dorms. 

He heard a heavy sigh come from the other end of the door then light footsteps walk away. The sound of Shinso footsteps got lighter and lighter until Izuku couldn't hear them anymore. 

Izuku knew he was overreacting though. They weren't even dating and he was breaking down over someone just asking the boy out

This thought made Izuku chuckle.

Todoroki was the better choice. He was handsome, smart, he was rich, even though his family dynamic was  fucked up at least he had a family. Unlike Izuku whose dad is probably dead somewhere, his mom in a mental hospital and no siblings. 

Todoroki hadn't killed anyone. Todorki hadn't joined the dark side. Todoroki didn't have such deep-rooted hate for almost everything that breathed.