Ch.35 Official Ace Couple

Start from the beginning

"We were just waiting on the 2 of you, Sakusa." Komori said as Iizuna unlocks the gym. 

"We'll be having a joint practice." Kairi announced. "The Coaches said we'll be practicing together after school as well." 

"Miyuki-san!!" The 1st years squeals and smiles warmly as I myself smiled and blushes madly. We waited until the others went inside first since we didn't want to crowd the doorway. The Boys went inside to change while me and the girls went inside the bathroom to change.

"Wow, Miyuki." The 3rd years giggles as I went inside the stalls to pull off my joggers as I unzip my tracksuit and going to the vanity to wash my hands before pulling off my face mask and putting it into my pocket. "I can't believe you swept Sakusa off his feet." Shizuka comments. 

"Yeah, even if he's a germaphobe." Fumiko chimes in. 

"When did you 2 started dating?" Mai asked, washing her hands as well while the 1st years were doing their hair. 

"Well, during the Interhigh." I simply said as the bathroom started to get loud. 

"Ah! I called it." Kairi raises her hand but Namika slaps it away. 

"You lie." Fumiko rebukes points to herself. "Where's my sushi-rolls?"

"No, didn't I called it?" Shizuka butts in as the underclassmen just watches their senpais bicker with each other. Aratani laughs as I blushed a little. Did they bet on me or something? Aratani pats my shoulder. 

"They did something like that but don't worry. Their bets were just about food." She reassures as the 1st years squeals as well. But I felt an uneasy feeling towards Seika. Even though she was smiling, I can tell it there's something behind it. 

The bickering continues as they went outside first. I shake my head as me and Aratani went out with the 1st years on our tails. The boys are stretching out as I take off my jacket and put on my shoes and knee pads. After a few minutes, I lined up on the other side with the Girl as we started to do dynamic stretches. I looked over to the other side to see Sakusa stretching out his wrists. He then looks up to me and smiled a bit as I did too before focusing on stretches. 

I can hear some boys talking as the 3rd years did not stop bickering. "Senpais, please stop!" Aratani whines, annoyed by their childish ways. 

"Sorry." Shizuka apologizes before turning to her 3rd year teammates. "We'll pick this up in class." She winks as Kairi agrees. I scoffed a little as felt warmed up already. 

Kairi and Iizuna approaches each other as we all waited for the agenda of this joint practice. I played with my still cold fingers as I began to space out. I can just feel Kiyoomi's stare on me but I was about to look to him but Kairi claps her hands loudly for us to listen up. 

"We'll be practicing our spikes by using the Boys' blocks." Kairi begins. 

"For us," Iizuna steps in. "we'll be working on our spikes but I prefer you girls to just receive in the back row. I don't want any broken fingers reported back to our Coaches. Besides, we have blockers to spare as well." 

Kairi nods to that before leading us to the other side of the net to get into positions. My line shots needs some work. I need to be able to see the blockers as well since in a few plays in the Finals, I wasn't looking at the hands which made me hit to their Libero or off their hands. I want to be able to slam it or even tip it to an open area.