Chapter 23

At Ma's house,
Ami reaches her house and finds Anu with her The Desires book and looking at the keenly. Ami was confused and approached her in that way. She went near her sister who was sitting on the couch in the living room and the book was on the table before her. Ami kept a hand on her sister's shoulder and Anu let a sigh.

Ami(confused): What happened?

Anu(looking at the book sadly): I wanted to know what happened to the forgotten kingdom but, I don't think this book can help me.

Ami(taking a seat beside her): Anu, you can ask this book anything but, be careful.

Anu(smiling): Ok, now leave about this. I want to tell you something more important.

Ami(moving forward in her seat): And what is it?

Anu(serious): Ami, I don't think so we can bind our powers.

Ami(confused): And why's that?

Anu(a little stammering): Well, today Spark was acting a little weird, you know I think she was trying to avoid me and during lunch she had also avoided Henry when we went to her for talking about how can we bind our powers.

Ami(sighs): Well, she was acting a little strange with me also. But, don't worry everything will be fine and I think she is just not well and that's why she is acting like that.

Anu(looking towards the book): I think so.

Ami(changes the topic): Now, did you start doing your homework?

Anu(smiles): Waiting for you, come on let's go and finish our homeworks.

With that Ami and Anu go to their bedroom and start doing their homeworks and Ami was all the time thinking about what happened earlier in the magical kingdom. Ma sensed the tension that Ami had while they were having dinner.

Ma(surveying): Ami, what's the matter dear? You seem to be tensed over something, I am noticing this from the time you have returned. Is everything going well?

Ami(realising that Ma was talking to her): Yes, yes everything is fine and going well. Just a little tired, being a prefect there are a lot of works. Just tired that's all.

Ma(smiles): Are you telling me this or you telling it to yourself?

Ami(confused): I didn't understand your point mom.

Ma(smiles): Look, Ami I know you don't like to share things as Anu does but, that doesn't mean you will not even share your problems.

Ami(smiles): Mom, I don't have any problems and if I do you will be the first one to know it.

Ma(smiles): It better be in that way. Fine, sleep, early today.

Ami, gets up from her seat and then says a goodnight to the three of them and then goes to the bedroom, and lays in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She had various thoughts floating in her mind. She was well aware that Ma had sensed that something is going wrong and Ma would be equally tensed seeing her daughter this way. But, she had no other option, the weight which is carrying on her shoulder cannot be reduced at any cost and she had to keep this to herself. While, thinking about her complicated life, she drifted into deep sleep.

At 1:00 a.m at night,

Ami got up breathless and full of sweat. She had a very bad nightmare about a group of people burning down in flames and were crying for help, she was present there but, she couldn't do anything. They were begging and trying to move out from the fire but, nothing happened. She was standing there doing nothing to save them and slowing watching them how their bodies were turning intl ashes. Her mind tried to help her but, her body didn't move. She tried to approach them but, no muscle of her body moved. She wanted to shout for help, but her mouth was glued up. Then, after she found herself in her bed with full of tears in her eyes and breathless.