Chapter 22

The day continued and Ami was thinking about the letter whole day. She was trying to figure out who the hell is trying to threaten her and what did they want. She kept exploring through everybody's mind with her new power and was reading everybody's thoughts whom she thought to be the main suspects, she left no stone unturned but, she gained no information. Drake on the other hand had said that he would come up with a plan.

During the Engmefa period, Ami had her class in the Assembly Garden so, she told her notebook and a pen and went to the Garden. When she was out in the dazzling sun, she could see a fair, beautiful lady of about 30 years old who was wearing a long black dress which reached her feet and looked about 5 feet 10 inches tall and was wearing a black hat who was darkly staring at Ami. Ami approached her with a smile on her face and thought that she would read her mind to know why she was staring at her in that way. To Ami's surprise she could hear no thoughts or no emotions around her. What's happening? Why can't I hear anything? Ami was in dilemma but, she forced a smile and approached her.

Ami(set smile): Good evening, Khru. My name is Ami.

Khru(scrutinized): Well, well don't try so hard Wimefa. You can't read my mind. I am a very powerful person and professional in my field who can easily control her feelings, emotions and thoughts.

Ami(wide): I am sorry Khru for trying that. But, how did you know and how can you control your thoughts?

Khru(serious): I am not here to answer questions, Wimefa. Well, it's all because of the subject. Engmefa is a very powerful and the hardest subject to learn and I don't think a girl like you would be able to do it. So, don't waste your and my precious time and go run to Headmaster and tell him I don't want to learn the subject.

Ami(a little angry but smiles): Khru, I am not the type of girl who plays with flames, I am a fireball myself, so I am not afraid of anything and thank you for caring about me, but I can take my own decisions.

Khru (smiles evilly): Fine, but don't tell me later I didn't warn you.

Ami(eyes sparkled): Ok. Khru, can you tell me a spell which helps me to control myself by reading others mind. You know it's very distractive and disturbing for me. I am not able to sleep properly and not even able to listen to classes?

Khru(glanced): First, spells are not something that can make you control something mentally. They only help you to control someone or something physically. Second, everything takes time and patience and to achieve something you need concentration and focus. So, you can't control this magic in one day and it's impossible to control it with only one spell.

Ami(sad): Oh, ok.

Then, Ami took her seat on the ground and Khru was walking in front of Ami. She told Ami that she has to maintain notes of her class and would be checked by her once in a week and she would give her daily assignments and weekly projects. She also told that, Ami had to prepare her research about people's emotions, behaviour and thoughts and had to submit it in the 2nd week of the coming month. Khru Engmefa started explaining Ami the basics. Ami had hard time with her, because she was very strict and would not wait for her. She had to increase her writing speed to catch up with her and simultaneously listen, because she would not repeat it. Ami had only one thought revolving in her mind Why am I getting so strict punishment and that too for my whole school life? Ami didn't even have time to think over her thought, she had to concentrate. The last five minutes of the class were left and Khru Engmefa stopped pacing the ground. She turned to Ami.

Khru(stern): Now, I might tell you one spell which can help you but, not completely.

Ami(getting up): Thank you Khru. Something is better than nothing.