Part 10 The Mystery

After the long hours of checkup, all students headed towards the second last class of the day. Ami, Anu, Yash, Spark, Drake, Henry walked through the long corridors of the school chatting about the new discovery which Yash had found. Ami, Drake, Henry and Yash bid goodbye to Anu and Spark and headed towards Honks and Tolneeum. They still had 5 minutes for the class so they decided to introspect the specs for some time. 

Drake(Glancing): Now we have 5 minutes. Ami remember when we got the first magical object The Desires, we thought that there was nothing written on the book but when we had opened it we found a note so maybe we can also find something written on the specs but these specs are too small to be something written on it. And you also told that there is nothing written about any magical objects in The Pick apart from their names. Aaaahhhhhhhhh, this is complicated, How can we figure this out?

Ami(Pursued lips and then spoke): I don't know, I just thought it would be easier as the book and we have to just open it and read a note and then use it. 

Yash(Peering and glaring at the specs): I think this is like this. 

Then he touched the specs, right in between the middle where there was the markab and pressed it. Ami, Drake and Henry were having a withering expression which was deliberately changed into a bug-eyes when they saw a white smokes kind of thing emerging from the specs. The smoke had a sweet sugary like smell, and everyone became blind due to the intensity and the texture of the smoke. Without wasting time, their reflexes worked and they gripped each other's hands and with their eyes shut tightly were waiting patiently for the smoke to vanish. Suddenly, everyone jumped a feet because of the unexpected sound which was familiar and they slowly unlocked their eyes. Just then they saw the corridor full empty which was a second before filled with clattering of children was now deserted with complete tranquillity. Then all of a sudden a realization struck their mind, the bello had rang and they had to go to their respective classes and the white smoke had also vanished. They looked and each other for a second still their hands connected in a circle. 

Ami: I think we should continue this after the school. After the school I'll just inform mom that we will be staying for a while after the school to solve this mystery and come back so we can work on this. Ok?

The three nodded in agreement and all of them ran towards their classes. First leaving Yash behind who ran into the clss with a sharp turn and entered the class because Khru had not yet come. Then Ami and Henry stood out the class and peeped inside. Just then a tall figure appeared in front of them who was wearing black clothes. They lifted their eyes slowly from the clothes to the face simultaneously and sometimes looking at each other. When they stopped at the face their faces went pale. There was Khru who was standing with a TEACHER'S WORLD FAMOUS ANGRY FACE, when students come late to class. They both gulped and looked at each other for an excuse. 

Ami(Shaky): Sorry Khru. We were just..........

Khru(Glowering): No excuses, Miss Ami. I very well know where you two were? 

Ami(unblinking): YOU KNOW! (Relieved). Sorry Khru, from next time we will be not late to class. And we assure you that (Ami turned to Henry who went expressionless and could just conjure a nod so he did that).

Khru(Temper ceasing): You better remember that, and for now I am leaving you two and Ami I really have high expectations from you so, you better be intact. 

Ami(Shaking her head in disbelief and staring at the Khru with wide eyes): Sorry Khru, and I will surely keep that in mind and reach yor expectations(smiling at Khru who returned a satisfied smile).

They  headed in and there were all classmates staring at them intently and some girls who were seated far off from the class, in the corner whom Ami didn't notice were staring at both of them and talking something. Ami and Henry both looked at each other and and shrugged and took their usual seats besides each other and Khru started the class. All the time during the class they were still the spotlight and students were staring at them continuously. Pssshhh, Psssshhh there was a sound coming from the backbench. Henry turned back to where the sound was coming but, Ami ignored it and continued her work, but she could hear their conversation.