Part one: At the Crossroads

From Ami's POV
The smell of jealousy filled the air at night. The darkness is shining with uncontrollable power which is immensely flowing through us, seven. The roar of his jealousy submerged within him and the moon above slowly drank him up.

Present Situation
Three small, fast-moving hands, rushed through the suitcases and boxes, eager to buzz but, longing to stay. Ami hides at work, Anu sits in the corner to let her emotions flow, while Yash scores points in virtual reality. A woman strides into the room, with her face hanging down, but greeting her children with the same bright smile.

She looked around with the shimmer in her eyes, slowly draining into those beautifully painted brown and creame walls. She remembers, the very first day, in her red outfit, she arrived. Time moves at its speed, a warmth spread across her heart, melting the glaciers of memory of bushy-haired and serious-looking girls, striding through the house and running to a small brown cradle to look at their cute-looking brother, cooing to his sisters' laughing. Ma, sighs.

The sound of the engine, brings her back to reality, while she is staring at the whiteboard painted 'Finest Kingdom,' in blue written on the train. Ami places a bookmark and swiftly moves her small body, carrying suitcases with ease, while flashing a smile to Mi and boarding. Anu rushes, Ma guiding her through the buzzing and hustling on the platform, glaring at people while passing them. On the other side, Yash walks with his eyes attached to the screen. Ma pulls Anu and Yash board the train. The train hustles again, and Mi smiles brightly waving at them, as the train leaves him behind. 

Army Kingdom, 

The train halts with a squeaking sound waking Yash up. Anu and Yash stare out and wave, while Ami and Ma are busy moving the suitcases out. A medium-sized figure, muscular, reaches out to help. Ami, Anu, and Yash smile at their uncle and they board down. 

Hopping in the car, they sing along the way, when they see the buildings going back and arriving in between the wood, with spare population. 

The place where their house is situated is now between the woods and isolated from the city. The house is big and they all had their respective bedrooms to sleep in. Ma has felt a bitter sensation and is unhappy after coming to the place. But when she sees her three children happily playing around the house, she is happy but the sensation didn't leave her. Being deserted from her house, and now thrown in a deserted place, Ma is waiting for Mi to arrive. 

The next day, Ma joins the children in the good nearby school, but she wants the best for her children and the best is what she left behind, miles away. The three children went to school on their bicycles. Mi has promised Ma that he would find a decent job and would raise the family. Not even finding a job he also has never walked off his responsibilities. The financial support is now provided by Ma's brother, Ba-one helped to sell Ma's property. 

After a Year, 

The family has now moved to a new house in the city, a new school, and out of the dangerous woods. Ma is happy and is now enlightened by Mi's bad side and his character. The place they now moved to has a small resemblance to their home place. They are now comfortable here and Ma had tried earning some money through a play school that she is running while Mi lies within his comfortable boundaries.

The house is not quite big but is homely. It is a 2BHK flat and Mi occupied 1 whole bedroom leaving the other one for all of them. Mi was so bad that he would also ask for half of the earnings from Ma for his own sake and didn't even try to think about his children's education. He had now become very selfish. Despite going out and earning money, he was now asking for money for his own sake.

The very next day was Ami's fifteenth birthday. She was eagerly waiting for it. But there is a huge surprise waiting for her.....

A/N: Hello guys...This is hirani_amiksha. I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. I know it would be a bit boring but the magical adventure starts from the next chapter so stay tuned... Don't forget to like it and if any mistakes please feel free to comment... Happy commenting.