Chapter 4

Once we get home, Trevor and I go straight to our rooms.

Someone knocks on my door.

"Dad and I are going to bed. Goodnight." Mom says.

"Whatever." I say still mad at her.

She closes the door and I go to my closet and find something to wear.

My phone beeps showing I have a text.

Trevor- I'll be ready in five minutes. Meet me by the front door. Lock your door when you leave.

Rhylee-Okay.

I quickly find an outfit and change. I find a black crop top with studs on the neckline, white studded shorts, and my black combat boots. I look in the mirror and decide that how my hair and make-up is going to have to do since I don't have time to change it.

I get downstairs and Trevor's waiting for me.

"Wow. Who are you trying to impress tonight?" He asks me quietly.

"No one. Let's go." I whisper as I grab my purse.

We quietly leave and get into his car and we go to the party.

As we're on our way to the party, I start to think about what Trevor said when he saw me.

"Do I look like I'm trying too hard?" I ask Trevor.

He looks at me again.

"No, not really. It's just you never dress like that, so it was a little shocking, that's all."

"I don't look slutty or anything though?"

"Rhylee, you look gorgeous."

I smile.

"Thanks."

"Seriously though, how were you able to buy that shirt without mom or dad freaking out on you?" He asks me.

"I bought it when I went shopping with Caitlyn one time over summer. Neither of them know I own it. This is the first time I've worn it."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"You just did." I say laughing. "But yes."

"So really, who are you trying to impress?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes. I want to know if he's a good guy or not."

I take a deep breath.

"Jesse."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I know he's with Ali and I don't want to break them up. So I'm just letting things happen on their own and if it happens, it happens, if not, oh well." I say.

"I don't think you have to try too hard. He's debating if he wants to break up with her or not."

"I know."

"How?"

"Kind of a long story, but I'll just say, because of Olivia."

"Promise me one thing tonight." Trevor says

"What?"

"Try not to get too wasted. We probably shouldn't stay all night either; we need to be back before mom or dad wakes up."

"Trevor, you know I don't drink, so you don't have to worry about that. And I agree; so let's only still till like midnight, one at the latest."

"Sounds fine to me."