Chapter 1

*All chapters are going to be in Rhylee's POV unless it says otherwise*

Today's the first day of school.

The first thing I do when I wake up is call my best friend, Caitlyn.

Caitlyn and I have been friends since kindergarten. She's amazing. We have a lot in common and she doesn't even care that my family's famous.

"Hey Caitlyn! Are you ready for today?" I ask her when she answers.

"How do you have so much energy right now? It's the first day of school and I haven't been up this early in months." She says half asleep.

"I guess I'm just excited."

"I can tell. So what are you going to wear today?"

"Remember that black shirt that I got at the mall the other day that the sleeves go off the shoulder?"

"Yeah."

"That shirt, my dark jeans, black high top converse, and my pink R5 pick necklace."

I wear my pick necklace everyday. I don't care if the band isn't together anymore, it's apart of my family.

"Can't wait to see you in it! Maybe you'll catch a certain someone's attention." She says a little more awake.

"Oh shut up." I joke.

She's talking about this guy Jesse. He's in our grade, an amazing athlete, he's kinda gorgeous, but he has a girlfriend. Caitlyn says all the time that he really likes me and he's just with her to try to move on from me, but I don't believe her. A guy like him would never like a girl like me.

"Well I'm going to go get ready, I'll see you at school." Caitlyn says.

"Okay, bye!"

After I hang up the phone, I go downstairs and find something to eat.

Trevor's already eating when I get into the kitchen.

"Don't forget we have to leave a little earlier today so we can get our schedules." He says.

"I know. Are we taking Maddie to school today?" I ask him.

Maddie is his girlfriend. They've been together since their freshman year. She's really nice and everyone likes her. She's also a cheerleader.

"Yeah. Do you have practice today?"

"I think so, do you?"

Trevor plays football and he's really good. He's gotten a few scholarships, but he doesn't know where he wants to go yet.

"I have practice everyday except Friday's and the weekends. Maddie has practice then too."

"Then I guess it all works out."

After I'm done eating, I go back upstairs and get ready.

As soon as I finish my make up, mom yells for us to come downstairs.

"I want to take a picture of you two before you leave." She says.

"Do you have to?" I complain.

"Yes. Now stand next to your brother."

We take a few pictures and leave to pick up Maddie.

~~

Once we get to school and we get our schedules, I find Caitlyn.

Of course I find her by the gym.

She's always working out and trying to become a better athlete. She plays basketball with me.

"Let me see your schedule!" She says when she sees me.

I hand her my schedule and she looks at them both.

"We have English, lunch, and history together." She tells me as she hands me back my paper.

"Then we also have lunch with Trevor, Maddie, and Jase."

"We should sit with them. Trevor and Jesse are friends since they both play football, and if Jesse has lunch with us too, he'll probably sit with him." She says quietly so no one can hear. "And then I can try to talk to Jase."

"It's so weird that you have a crush on my cousin. I didn't think of that though. But I'm not going to try to be with Jesse if he's still with Allison."

"Just at least try to talk to him. We'll work on it from there."

That's the thing between Jesse and I. We make eye contact in the halls a lot and we occasionally smile and each other, but we've never actually had a conversation that's lasted more than a sentence.

The bell rings and Caitlyn and I go our separate ways to first period.

First period is Biology.

I find an empty seat and wait for class to start.

A girl that I've never seen before walks into the room and sits down at the table across from me. She's kinda short and has short hair.

"Hi, I'm Rhylee." I say to her.

"Hi, I'm Olivia. I'm new here." She says.

"Where are you from?"

"My family just moved here from Ohio."

"Really? That's where my mom's from. We go there every year for a week during summer."

"That's cool. So have you lived here your whole life?" Olivia asks me.

"Yep."

"I wish I lived here my whole life. I've only been in Cali a week, but I love it so far. My cousin lives here, so I at least know someone at this school."

Before I could ask her who her cousin is, the bell rings and the teacher starts class.

The first day of school is always pretty boring. All the teachers go over rules and expectations and what we're going to be learning about.

When class is almost over, the teacher gives us a few minutes to talk.

"Can I see your schedule?" I ask Olivia.

"Sure." she answers handing it to me.

"We have choir, lunch, and geometry together." I say.

"Awesome!"

"During lunch I can introduce you to some people if you want."

"That'd be great."

~~

When it's time for lunch, I find Olivia, then Caitlyn and we go to the cafeteria.

"Rhylee, Caitlyn! Over here!" Maddie yells at us.

We go over to the table and sit down.

"Guys, this is Olivia. Today's her first day here." I say to everyone. "Olivia, this is my brother Trevor, his girlfriend Maddie, and my cousin Jase."

We talk about how our morning classes went, when Jesse comes over to the table.

"It's the first day of school and my history teacher already kept us after the bell." He complains.

He looks over at me and smiles a little, then he looks over at Olivia and he looks kinda confused.

"Olivia? What are you doing here?" He asks her.

"Your mom didn't tell you? We moved here last week." She answers.

Wait, Jesse and Olivia are cousins?

A/N

I kinda ended with a little cliffhanger already....

Just a heads up, Ross and R5 probably aren't going to have a major part in this story, but they'll still be in it a little.

Do you guys like the image of Rhylee's outfit? Should I keep doing stuff like that?

Hope you liked the first chapter!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!! :)