Chapter 34

Today's Christmas! Trevor, Maddie, and Kenzie spent the night last night so we could have Christmas morning as a family. As soon as we were finished opening presents, I get ready for the day, then go over Jesse's house.

I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer.

"Hey Rhylee! Merry Christmas!" Claire, Jesse's mom, greets me.

"You too!"

I walk into the living room holding my gift for Jesse and his parents.

Jesse walks downstairs and smiles when he sees me.

"Hey Rhy." He says before he kisses me.

"Should we open presents?" Claire asks us.

Jesse and I nod yes, and sit down in the living room.

I hand Jesse's parents their gift.

"Rhylee, you really didn't have to get us anything." Steven, Jesse's dad, tells me.

"I wanted to. You guys have given me a lot the last two years, I wanted to get you guys something to make up for it all. If it makes it better, it's nothing too extreme." I tell them.

They open up and see the gift card I got them.

"Thank you so much. We'll defiantly put this to good use." Claire says smiling.

They hand me a small box.

"You guys didn't have to get me anything either." I say as I take the box from them.

I open it up and take out a plane ticket.

"What's this?" I ask them.

"It's a round trip plane ticket. We figured you'd want to visit Jesse while he's away, and we thought that your first trip should be on us."

"Aw, thank you guys so much!" I say as I stand up and hug them.

When I sit back down, Jesse hands me his gift to me.

I open the box and there's a necklace box in it. I take out the container and open it up. Inside, there's a heart necklace with our anniversary engraved on one side of it.

"Jesse, I love it." I tell him smiling. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I hand him his gift and watch as he opens it.

The first thing he sees is a picture frame with a picture of us in it.

"I thought you could put it in your dorm. That way you would have some decoration in there."

He laughs a little.

"It's perfect."

He opens the other box and takes out a tie blanket I made him with the school's mascot all over one side of it.

"This'll defiantly get put to use." He says.

"Rhy, did you make that?" His mom asks.

"Yeah. It wasn't that hard." I answer her.

"Thank you." Jesse tells me.

We hang out at Jesse's house for a little while before we go to his grandparents house. We stay there for a little while before we head to my grandma and grandpa Lynch's house to meet up with everyone.