Chapter 30

*Please read the a/n at the end of the chapter*

"Ali and I got back together in the time you were gone." Jesse tells me.

My heart sank and tears rush to my eyes.

"What?" I ask quietly, sounding hurt.

"Rhylee, I'm so sorry."

"I can't believe you." I say starting to get loud. "I was abducted for 4 months and it obviously didn't take you long to move on and forget about me!"

"It wasn't like that."

"Then enlighten me." I tell him rudely.

"No matter how hard I tried, I always thought the worst had happened to you when the police said they hadn't made any progress with finding you. I needed something, well in this case, someone, to help me move on in case something really did happen to you."

"Oh, so you thought I was dead. That's makes everything so much better." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Rhylee, I'm sorry."

"I think you should leave."

Jesse stands up and walks to my door. Once he reaches the opening, he turns around and looks at me.

"If it makes anything better, I told her we were done when I was told you were found and safe." He tells me before he turns around and walks away.

"It doesn't help at all." I mumble.

I quickly change into my pjs, then lay down on my bed. I should be happy that I'm finally home in my own bed, but I can't help thinking about Jesse. How could he just assume the worst and move on that quickly?

I get lost in my thoughts and start crying; not long after, I fall asleep.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter; but I hope you liked!!

Would you guys mind if after I wrap up this storyline, (Rhylee returning to school and Jesse stuff) I have a major time jump? I'm kinda running out of ideas, but the ideas that I do have, can't work with the time frame of where the story is right now. If you guys think it's a bad idea, I can try to think of some more stuff for this book, but it'll probably be ending soon though then.

Regardless of how the next couple chapters go, I'm going to start to wrap up this book. So within the next 3 weeks, this book will most likely be finished. I'm starting school again in a couple weeks and I don't want to have to worry about writing while I'm starting to get used to going to school again; I'm also going to be a senior (12th grade) this year, so I want to focus on school for a little while.

Anyways.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for reading!! :)