Chapter 5

*Sami's pov*

I was 5 1/2 months now and showing a bit...we found out earlier this month that we would be welcoming a girl we decided on the name Kai Avery....for some reason Kai which meant sea stuck with me much to the delight of my family...Avery was just a name Dean liked...after hours of begging I finally got Dean to agree to let me do the painting of the nursery well at least the detailing...the walls were a soft beautiful pink with brown details..I decided I wanted to paint a tree behind where the crib was going to go so I made Dean and the guys move the crib so I could...the tree was done and had darker pink leaves..I decided to go back with a lighter brown and draw a heart with her initials in it...I smiled as I felt Dean wrap his arms around me "You'll make me mess up."

Dean let his hands rest on my stomach "How are my girls?"

I smiled softly "We're fine."

He nodded "So I noticed the stuff your mom and grandparents sent are still in the closet."

I nodded "Yep."

Dean nodded "Why?"

I sighed "Because I don't want the material things...they sent it by mail you know that...I had packages sent to the store...they couldn't even bring it to me."

He nodded "I can send it back.."

I sighed "I don't know."

Dean kissed my cheek "I don't want this upseting you...our daughter doesn't need them and she's not some pawn for them to buy with hundred dollar oufits...I'll send them back."

I sighed leaning my head back against his chest "I hate this..."

He sighed "I know baby..."

I sighed "Can we get out of the house for a while?"

Dean nodded "Of course."

I put the paint away and went to shower and what not..after I was ready we left...we decided a nice walk through the park sounded nice...as we held hands I held onto his arm as we walked...the crisp early November air felt nice..when I heard his beeper go off I frowned "Really?"

Dean sighed "I'm sorry babe.."

I sighed "Let's go.."

He nodded and we went back to the truck...when we got to the house he leaned over and kissed me "I'm sorry babe I'll make it up to you."

I shook my head "Be careful.."

Dean nodded "I love you.."

I nodded "I love you too.."

He sighed "I know.."

I kissed him again then got out..when he drove off I went inside...I sat in the nursery with Loki at my feet..I was putting a few things away when I heard a knock at the door..I went to open it to see Randy and Seth..I feared the worse "Which one?"

Seth sighed "Roman...it's bad Sami.."

I shook my head "No."

He sighed "Come on.."

I grabbed my stuff and left with them...when I got in I was met instantly by Jimmy "Is he alive?"

Jimmy nodded "He is but it's not good Sam...he's lost a lot of blood."

I shook my head "I want to see him...I want to see my brother."

He shook his head "You don't need to see him like that...not now."

I pushed him back "He's my brother..."

Jimmy just pulled me into a hug "I know Sami...I know.."

I held onto him and just cried...this was the first time I hated this force..that I wad truly and honestly afraid...when I saw Dean finally he was covered in blood...Roman's blood.."Oh my god."

Dean's eyes met mine "Sami.."

I just walked over wrapping my arms around his neck...I didn't care what go on me..in just needed in his arms..

He shook his head at be pulled back from me slight his hands not leaving my sides "I saw him go down and I just started shooting...it got past his vest I don't know how...I tried to hold off the bleeding till they got there...my hoodie was soaked...I..he...he can't die.."

I brushed my thumb across his cheek "You've met my brother right...he's not going anywhere."

Dean looked down at me "I'm sorry Sami..I should of had his back better."

I shook my head "Don't do that...you didn't do this baby you protected him the best you could..."

He let his forehead rest against mine "I love you"

I spoke softly "I love you."

*Seth's pov*

I've dealt with colleagues getting shot but this was a brother...a guy I grew up with..my best friend's big brother...a guy I went through the academy with...Dean was taking it hard neither of them saw the guy..he lost it when Roman went down...I saw the look of horror in Sami's eyes when she saw me and Randy...the fear when I told her it was Roman...I watched her break down in Jimmy's arms...but now she was doing everything she could to keep it together for the sake of Kai..for Dean...for Jimmy and Jey...for herself...I looked at Randy ad we waited "He's gotta be okay...I mean it will hurt all of us...but it will kill Sami...those two are closer than anyone realizes...they are each others rock they always have been...he needs her she's there and vise versa..you've seen how they are these last couple years but I've known then since I was in middle school."

Randy nodded "Trust me I get it...he's a tough son of a bitch...he's gonna fight this fuck he's got a niece coming in less than 3 months.."

I nodded watching Sami bouncing her foot in a vain attempt to keep herself calm "He's gotta be okay."

He nodded "I hope so."

Hours passed an a doctor finally walked out "Are you here for Mr Reigns?"

Sami got up quickly "I'm his sister."

He nodded "I'm Dr Lewis..I'm handled your brother's surgery...by luck the bullet missed any major arteries but it did nik his lung which we fully repaired..he did lose quite a bit of blood...the force of the shot cracked two ribs..he also fractured his arm when he fell..."

She sighed deeply "Will he be okay though?"

Dr Lewis nodded "In time yes he will be fine...these next few months won't be easy especially with healing ribs and arm...he's receiving blood but he will thankfully make a full recovery...his friend acting quickly saved his life."

Sami nodded "Thank you so much..."

He nodded "By morning he should be strong enough for visitors."

She nodded "Thank you."

Dr. Lewis nodded and walked away..

When we realized there was nothing we could do we all headed home...prepared to return in the morning

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sami and Dean are having a girl

Roman was shot.

Sadly someone is going to be killed in action but who?