Chapter Fourteen - Dreaming of Keys

ابدأ من البداية

It was honestly some of the most beautiful scenery I could ever remember seeing in both worlds; if this were back on my world, it would have been an incredibly popular place.

"I'm not sorry." Karenbana murmured.

I narrowed my eyes and thought about just how lovely the scenery was; I could see the landmass of the Land of Neck curving out into the lake from here, still weeks of walking before we reached it, but there was not an obstruction in sight, just beautiful sparkling water.

The coast of the Land of Demons was also in view far beyond it, and it looked suspiciously peaceful. Which is precisely what they wanted us to think, all the while secretly hiding a demonic shadow beast in there somewhere that was ready to jump out and eat our asses.

"They had to come out so you could fix yourself," Karenbana said quietly. "I thought you were going to bleed to death."

After the Land of Neck, we would be cutting straight through the Land of Woods. I didn't know anything about that place at all other than it was a name on the map, so I planned on getting through as quickly as possible.

Most forest locations in this damn place seemed to have some weird stuff going on, the forest of death had giant animals and leeches, absolutely disgusting. In contrast, the Land of Vegetables had fucking Genin running around in the woods and even a couple of Jounin as well. I didn't want anything to do with whatever was in the Land of Woods; with my luck, I would run into a lost branch of the god damned Senju clan or something.

"Fine!" Karenbana snarled, "I didn't want to hurt you, but I'm not sorry that I did it!"

I spun towards her immediately.

"Apologize properly, dammit!" I demanded.

Karenbana studied my face for a long moment.

"I'm sorry," Karenbana said quietly.

I tackled her to the ground.

"Hey!" Karenbana said, alarmed.

I started trying to get her into a headlock, and I almost managed it before she got her hand under my arm.

"I was so bored!" I said dismayed.

I tangled my legs on her own so she couldn't sit up and fought hard to keep her trapped.

"There are only so many times I can think about the water!" I cried "or the grass!"

Karenbana grunted as she forced my arm up and broke the hold with a minor effort. I immediately tried to pin her again, but she kneed me mercilessly in the stomach before flipping me over. I wheezed as all the air left me, while still struggling to keep her legs tangled.

I grabbed her by the hair, now just long enough to get a good hold. I tried to pull her head backward, futilely trying to stop her from taking the superior position.

"Ow, you fuck!" Karenbana hissed. "Let go!"

"I even started making up conspiracy theories." I strained out. "About. The. Fucking. Senju."

Karenbana twisted my wrist and broke my hold on her hair suddenly, before jabbing me in the gut hard enough that I accidentally let her leg go with another wheezing breath, and she twisted on top of me into a full mount.

I desperately reached for her hair with my other hand, but she pinned both my hands above my head.

"Fuck." I wheezed out. "I almost got you-that time."

Karenbana just grinned.

--------

The two weeks we spent on the coast of the Land of the Demons were ironically the most peaceful part of the entire journey.