Chapter 21

KUNSHI (Sakun lalle/Henna day)

        The first event will be taking place today, the wedding prep was tiring and with her family wanting a grand wedding she left them all at it knowing they'll do their best, they save her the stress of going around and planning a wedding, the only thing she did is when she went for her dress fitting and cake testing, the rest they manage it themselves and only come to her when they needed her approval. she felt bad for dumping everything on them, especially ya zee who has been going up and down but they all want her to enjoy her wedding to the fullest.

       Walking down the stairs majestically admist people yodel and teases, her cheeks were already beetroot red from all the teases and praises,some were doing the guda.
She was happy, excited,anxious, sad, different emotion were going through her mind Ammiey said its wedding gitter,she was happy bcos she will soon be married to the man she love and complete each others half of seen & sad that she will be leaving the family she cherish the most, she is going to miss them a lot.

      Dress in a green floral lace skirt and blouse sewn to perfection, her face was glowing from all the multiple gyaran jiki she's been having, coming down the stairs she met her friends in the sitting room waiting for her, together they walk to the backyard where the henna will be done.

     The masu kidan kwarya were doing their job,the backyard was decorated beautifully in a tent traditional style, people were sitting on the carpet while some are dancing.

Making her way to the cushion sprawl on the floor, she sat down while her friends sat on the carpeted floor sorrouding her.

    The henna artist Aisha who is also from Sudan apply a tumeric paste all over her hands & legs so that the henna will come out more beautiful, after sometime it was ready to be washed off, her friends help her to rinse it with a perfumed water.
Aunty Nana washed her hair with rose water.

Not long after Aisha started designing fareedah's leg, while other designer were doing h own.
Hajiya came and apply something in a calabash on her neck.

        After sometime Aisha was done with hers while she sat down waiting for it to dry as she watch other girls get theirs done.

       Asma and Amal(Jamal sister) those two have become best friends overnight, they're even wearing matching outfit now, who just finished washing off their henna  move closer to fareedah.

"Amal let me see your henna" fareedah said while she stretch her hand to show fareedah
              Amal👇

   "Wow,its so beautiful" fareedah said looking at her hand
   "Thank you" she said shyly , the girl is very shy unlike Asma the chatterbox.

"Wow ya Mimi you forgot my existence bcos your sister inlaw is here"Asma said faking hurt

    "Sorry baby sis, okay let me see it"
Asma stretch her hand for her as she compliment it.
          Asma👇

     "Mashaallah it look beautiful"Fareedah said awning

     "How come you girls henna look beautiful, am the celebrity here" fareedah said pouting.

   They both chuckle,While as asma flip her invisible hair.
"Zawjatu Akhi, ya Jamal want to talk to you" Amal said putting her phone on fareedah ear as she sit close to her,since her henna has not dry.
     "Hubby is calling"  Najma said cooing making the AOA(association of awwn) to start another round of teasing while she blush, these days she blush at any small thing,any slight teases she will start blushing and turn beetroot red all thanks to her fair skin.
    Thats how she finish making the call amidst teasing,any other day she would have left their midst, but today with henna filled hand & leg she know she is in for it.