letters ↹ 26

layla woke up the next morning feeling different almost. she had gone home after a while because matt needed some time alone, which she gladly understood. now, she's sitting at home thinking what dress to wear under her gown. after all they're graduating in four days.

"four days..." she spoke aloud. she couldn't believe it. she made it through all four years of high-school, without ever getting in trouble or anything like that. she's accomplished so much within these four years. as she checked her email, she noticed there was a new one labeled "graduation speaker" and she didn't know what that was about.

"dear layla carters,

you have been asked to write and read a speech for graduation!

now, we know you only have less than a week to get this done, but i believe you'll get this done before the end of tomorrow with how well you write.

please write a little blurb on how your years here changed your life.

thanks!

the staff (with the exception of volunteering from your sister, brooklyn)"

she began to write out her thoughts, when she was interrupted by her sister coming in through the door.

"hey layla, these guys are here for you. names nash, cam, the jacks, and some guy named sammy.."

"oh, okay." she walked down to see a group of guys waiting for her, which she assumed was matt's friends.

"since you guys are here and probably have a car, we're going dress shopping for graduation for me," she grabbed her purse and slipped on her uggs. she followed the guys into the car, her sitting in the passengers seat. all of a sudden, vanilla ice's song "ice ice baby" came on. she began to rap the lines and everything.

"what the hell did you just do, layla?" the guys laughed.

"i guess i listen to nineties music more than music now," she laughed. "i don't know. my mom and brooklyn has always had me listen to early nineties music and even earlier. so i've always loved music," she smiled, while blushing. they arrived at the mall.

[I'm going off of my mall, it's in Wisconsin in Fond Du Lac, so yeah,]

layla immediately ran into deb and went to the desk.

"hi, i'm looking for a good graduation dress.. it's kind of last minute," she told the worker who's name tag read 'micah.' she smiled as micah ran somewhere and handed her a pile of dresses to try on.

"thanks, micah."

"no problem, layla."

"you know me?" she chuckled, but felt kind of creeped out.

"we go to the same school, but i'm a junior; we have math together," she nodded and smiled. layla followed micah into the dressing rooms, while micah lead the guys to the waiting area. she slipped on dress number one, which was chi chi london sequined party dress. she showed the boys, who all only looked at her ass - though they remembered she was matt's girl.

number two seemed too plain; it was a choies white backless sleeveless skater dress with white lace detail. not really an eye catcher, though she never really stood out.

number three was a paneled body-con dress. yes, it showed a little bit of her stomach and the guys would surely stare at her boobs and her ass, so she felt the need to say no.