5. Comforting

Caroline is in the shower when everything finally sinks in of what happened to her; the death of Alaric, how close she was in almost losing the twins and what future may hold for her and Her babies from now on. She is crying uncontrollably as the showers muffles Her sob for half an hour, She heard one of the twins cried so She then reached out the towel to dry herself. Freya showed Her the nursery earlier but She wanted the twins to sleep with Her tonight after the near losing experience, She wanted the babies closed to Her although She knows they are safe now.

Freya lend her some of Rebekah's clothes for her to change. She was only wearing her panties when she went out of the bathroom to check the baby, who already stops crying anyhow. She was busy drying her hair with the towel when she went out and went straight near the bed to check the twins, that She didn't noticed that someone else is in the room.

"Klaus! Oh my God! what are you doing here?!" covering her chest since She is half naked and only wearing her panties . " Don't you hear about knocking first?!" Caroline yelled, clearly shocked that He just saw her almost completely naked.

Klaus turning his back. "first, I knocked but clearly you didn't hear me since you were in the shower, second, I had to go inside since I heard one of the twins is crying and third, it's nothing I haven't seen before, sweetheart."slightly amused and embarrassed at the same time.

Caroline took the clothes that Fraya gave her and went back inside the bathroom to change, When she went out again fully changed into Rebekah's too revealing sleeping garments, Klaus is sitting in the chair close to the bed and looking at her, taking in of what she is wearing. lust is making his eyes darker, making Her feel the unnerving tension in the room all of a sudden.

As she walks towards to Him, He stands and walk closer to her. "are you alright, love?I don't mean to pry but I cant help but heard you crying in the shower" He asked while touching her shoulder and trying to comfort her. His presence always gives her comfort that she automatically lean on His chest seeking the comfort that He offered. " I'm not but I know I have to" she replied. " I know it's hard but whatever happens, you are not alone Caroline,I'm here and not just to protect you but to help you on whatever you or the twins need. Klaus said as he embraced her.

Caroline is crying while Klaus continues to embraced her, rubbing her back in soothing manner. "Thank you, Klaus" she said, looking at his eyes while Klaus is looking at her lips which caused her heart to race. He lowers his head and his mouth is inches away from her lips that she can feel his breath. She close her eyes and he leans in to capture her lips.

The kiss started slow then they begin to kiss passionately. He is pushing his tounge against the seam of her lips forcefully, not asking for entrance as his mouth dominates hers, the kiss is passionate, tender,so possessive and sweet that makes her head spin and her core aching. He brings one arm around her waist, securing her against him so aggressively that she can feel her legs turning into jelly. She hang on to his shoulder to keep her balance. There is little space between their bodies that She can feel his hard throbbing cock in her navel as He grinds his hips making her feel so wet, with need so strong that she feels so weak.

One of the babies cried, snapping Caroline of what is happening to them, realizing that it is wrong, Caroline backs up and slightly push Klaus from their heated embrace. "Klaus, no! We shouldn't, this is not right, I am with Stefan and you're with Camille."

They finally pulled apart, Klaus hand still cradling Caroline's face while his other hand still around her waist. Finally Caroline took a few steps back which make Klaus finally let go of Her. " My feelings for you never change, Caroline and clearly whatever connection we have which prompted of what happened in the woods is definitely still between us, this might be wrong but this definitely feels right" Klaus replied. " Camille and I" ,Klaus is trying to tell Caroline about Camille but Caroline interrupted him, " I am in love with stefan and I am not leaving him, I know we are past the part where I pretend that I am not attracted to you Klaus but I am not going to Cheat with Stefan. I am not that person and Stefan of all people doesn't deserve it, Im sure so does Camille" Caroline cried out.

"Let us just forget this happened, please." Caroline touches Klaus cheeks as she saw his features become hard and anger is visible in his eyes. "I am not sayingI dont want you Klaus but Stefan is running for his life, Camille is clearly in love with you. Im saying that us can't be happening now, not yet, it is not right." Caroline explained.

Finally, Klaus nods but didnt say anything. He just walk out of Caroline's room without even glancing back at her, He is clearly understood her explanation but still upsets.

Caroline slumps to the bed and covered her face with her hands and let out a sigh. Living with Klaus will be hard, she hopes that she will be strong enough to resist the pull, the deep connection as well as the thick sexual tension between them.